EK1's "Juncker" or "WL"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streptile View Post
    The earliest core Juncker used is no. 1 in the chart. This is no S&L core, but a Juncker core in my opinion. Further, I think cores 1, 4, B and F may be the same die at different stages of life and photographed under different conditions. Also I think 5 and 6 may be the same die, and possibly E and C also. Just my opinion
    Personally I don't know how some of these cores have been identified as they are, referring particularly to the S&L.

With due respect, Trevor, IMO I believe 5 and 6 are different dies. The reason I say this is because the '3' in core 5 dips lower in the date than the '3' does in core 6.

Robert
    Attached Files

Comment

Also, core 5 sites lower than core 6.

Robert

Comment

Robert beat me to it ... 5 and 6 are different .

Douglas
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
          ......... Further, I think cores 1, 4, B and F may be the same die at different stages of life and photographed under different conditions. Also I think 5 and 6 may be the same die, and possibly E and C also. Just my opinion
          I would pretty much say you are spot on Trevor. Good lord, we seem to come up with a new core or variation ever day. Pretty soon entire books will be written on one maker with infinite cores ...

Most times people can't decide what maker a badge is based on lighting, slightly off center pictures or differing layers and amount of paint.

Comment

Trevor,

I understand your view on core 1 being Juncker's earliest core. This was one of my personal crosses (all the numbered crosses were from my collection), and it had a zinc core. Non-magnetic of course. Yes, I would say very early too.

Robert

Comment

For what it is worth ... the comparison on the 'tear drop' 9 cores I had done up .
              Have to look and see if I have a zink cores and what they are .

Douglas
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X