GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good place to get EKII packets and ribbons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I store all mine in acid free plastic envelopes and wrap the EK11 in acid free tissue paper.

Then they go into dark storage.

Allan
    Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
    Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Packets here as well,

https://www.weitze.net/cgi-bin/custo...atalog&start=0

Comment

One can dream I suppose! I'm after Deschler Hoard EKIIs

Originally posted by streptile View Post
        Unfortunately, it's not. It's just a chart of what different types of front stamps are currently known.

But if anyone has any of the types in the far right column (V, F, W, Q, X, Y, Z), I would happily add them to my collection ...

Comment

A few tips as you build a collection of Packets.

The small Packets are generally earlier and as a rule would not have contained PKZ marked EK2s. No LDO EK2 should be in a Packet. The larger Packets (top two rows, left) were later war Packets and are often found with PKZ marked EK2s. Unmarked authentic Packets do exist (e.g. Type K is commonly unmarked) but it is broadly known which makers used which type of Packets. For example Type K is usually found with unmarked Junckers or W&Ls. Pairing a cross with a Packet is something of an art, and in my opinion it should done with some care so as not to "create" sets that may confuse collectors further down the road. Some Packets are rare (Assmann, Godet, Juncker and any in the left column) and some are exceedingly common (W&H, K&Q, CF&G and others), so building a complete set is a lot of fun, and very challenging.

I hope Allan or Thomas H. or kokstok or some of our other hardcore Packet aficionados can add some more information and tips to this guide.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Very good information! I have no packets at the moment but I want to start collecting some with mint EKIIs

Has anyone ever though of getting all the guys such as yourself together on here and writing a book about the EKII? Just a thought!

A few tips as you build a collection of Packets.

The small Packets are generally earlier and as a rule would not have contained PKZ marked EK2s. No LDO EK2 should be in a Packet. The larger Packets (top two rows, left) were later war Packets and are often found with PKZ marked EK2s. Unmarked authentic Packets do exist (e.g. Type K is commonly unmarked) but it is broadly known which makers used which type of Packets. For example Type K is usually found with unmarked Junckers or W&Ls. Pairing a cross with a Packet is something of an art, and in my opinion it should done with some care so as not to "create" sets that may confuse collectors further down the road. Some Packets are rare (Assmann, Godet, Juncker and any in the left column) and some are exceedingly common (W&H, K&Q, CF&G and others), so building a complete set is a lot of fun, and very challenging.

I hope Allan or Thomas H. or kokstok or some of our other hardcore Packet aficionados can add some more information and tips to this guide.

Comment

Dietrich März and George Stimson, moderators of this forum and authors of a book on the 1939 EK1, are working on a 1939 EK2 book as we speak. Some of the collected knowledge of this forum certainly does find its way into their books, as many of the contributors are friends with the authors.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Comment

Very nice! Any books you recommend reading? I want to be able to look at an EKII and tell the maker like you guys. So far I have been educated on Souvals so I'm making progress.

Dietrich März and George Stimson, moderators of this forum and authors of a book on the 1939 EK1, are working on a 1939 EK2 book as we speak. Some of the collected knowledge of this forum certainly does find its way into their books, as many of the contributors are friends with the authors.

Comment

For EK2s, I suggest reading this forum section like a book. The old threads are a goldmine of information -- use the search function.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Comment

I will do that, thank you!

For EK2s, I suggest reading this forum section like a book. The old threads are a goldmine of information -- use the search function.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X