Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping an EKII to Germany

Hello,

I am about to ship an EKII to Germany from the US, does anyone have any advice on the best way to send to avoid packages getting lost or stuck in customs. It is okay to send an EKII there right? Want to make sure it's not illegal

I don't know for Germany but it's legal to ship to France.

Comment

Swastika

If they see a swastika they will return it to you at least
      they did to me.
      Maybe if you cover the swastika?
      Maybe?
      They have them for sale in Germany but always with the swastika covered.
      But who knows?

Comment

They only open packages that look suspicious on X-Ray (Organic substances)or if the dogs pick up an illegal scent.As long as it is well wrapped and the Swaz is hidden under lots of bubble wrap it will be OK .These things transit European borders all the time and customs have more important things to look for.I had a DK come the other way no problem just stick some insurance on it to be on the safe side.

Jon

Comment

Out of Germany is no problem, but in Germany it is not allowed to "import" anything TR related.
          Some crooked dealers abuse this law "sorry, can't take it back, not allowed"..

Sometimes I am the "middle-man" if a german collecting buddy buys something in the US.
          German customs usually seize the item, you can claim it back when you can prove you are a longtime collector etc....
          A lot of hassle.....

Comment

Send it registered mail and write "jewelry" as the contents. Registered is the best way to keep track of a parcel or letter and I've never had anything TR related refused...

Comment

No problems in Belgium ( yet ) .... I've sent numerous time to Germany and received from there.
              However ... EU = no border = very few Customs checks.

As long as you sent as registered mail ( small envelope ) it will not be considered as parcel.
              Therefore the chance they check the shipment is very little. Unless you declare a high value of course.

Grtz,
              Mathijs

Comment

German Law 86 & 86a

I have sent at least a dozen items into Germany with no problems or returns from German Customs using a form which one of our forum members developed. This form declares that the recipient is familiar with Law 86 and 86a.

The forum members name is "Skip", an Englishman living in Berlin. I asked him if I could use/share this form with others and he Okay'd it. If he has changed his mind then he may ask the moderator to delete what I have posted. I hope he won't because this has helped me tremendously.

I would sugest that you send a copy of this form to the German buyer via email so that they are indeed familiar with this law. As long as the swastika is covered and at least two of these copies are included with the package I doubt if you will have any problems.

BTW place the name of the recepient in the open spaces of the first page.

Good luck...to everyone who uses it, it's never failed me yet
                Attached Files
                Last edited by vonStubben; 07-29-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Von Stubben,
                  Thanks! That answers all my questions and puts my worries at rest

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X