KC ribbon and suspension loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC ribbon and suspension loop

Is it correct for a Knights Cross to have smaller ribbon and adjustable suspension loop. If so, does this indicate vintage? I have a chance to buy an excellent KC in case which appears to be all correct except for the question of the ribbon. The seller has always been very honest in previous dealings and he swears this is correct. Thanks for the help.

Tom,

The only correct suspension for the KC is the "paper clip" style silver wire loop. This does not preclude an individual during the period having something made up privately, but it would be a "one-of" non-regulation alteration.
    Of course having the wrong suspension loop doesn't mean the piece is wrong. The original loop may have been lost and replaced at some point. It would be much easier to get opinions if a pic of the piece could be posted.

Gordon

Comment

Gordon, thanks for your response and information. I hadn't seen the KC but had been given description when I posted original question. Saw it this morning. The cross looks to be good except there is very slight seperation between front and back face at one corner. The ribbon appears to be second class with a felt backing and a clasp like one on a wristwatch. The case is in nice condition. I didn't buy it because of the ribbon and the price. It was marked 800 and L12. I have never seen a ribbon for sale seperately so don't think I could ever bring it back to original issue. Thanks again for your help. Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X