No announcement yet.

RK KVK opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be- I'm not sure that this piece ever had a frosted finish, I can't see any trace of it, so perhaps it did just get a laquer. This one must be among the last made perhaps in 1945?

Thanks for the help regarding authenticating it- got lucky again

Comment

Hello Patrick,
      What a lovely cross, I really like these second pattern heavy deschlers,
      great detail, they look amazing. Here is another exactly the same as yours for sale at Oakleaf -except yours is in better condition,

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/1204so3.html

Cheers,
      Shaneos

Comment

Great to have it confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
          I would think the yellowing is probably to the original lacquer rather than to the actual silver?
          To me it's just that odd yellowish Patina you often see, If you take a look here ... it turns a tad bit green like what we are used to on other silver pieces.
          Attached Files

Comment

Rich G -I would think the yellowing is probably to the original lacquer rather than to the actual silver?
            I think Rich G could have a point, maybe these late crosses are laquered rather than frosted???

I had a look at Oakleafs RK KvK and Shaneos is right- yours is better
            -and I'm sure was cheaper!

Comment

"To me it's just that odd yellowish Patina you often see, If you take a look here ... it turns a tad bit green like what we are used to on other silver pieces."

Darrell, are you referring to KVK KC's in general? IMHO genuine silver turns almost black from patina.

cheers
              Peter

Comment

I have just been able to weigh the cross and it comes in at 36.38 grams which is a spot on match to the cross posted in the linked thread

Comment

What a beautiful find a prestigious medal and one Himmler really wanted to get his hands on.I like design of all KVK's this one is really impressive.

J

Comment

As the current owner of the cross Patrick showed here I have bought a "wearing ribbon" for it before i offer it on E stand, are the criteria for checking the originality of a KC ribbon the same as those for the RK KVK ribbon? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Comment

Rich G hit it right on . That piece is not frosted but was covered with a thin layer of lacquer . The high spots are thin and wear off . UV light breaking down the coating that is reacting with the surface of the silver - creating the 'rainbow' effect . .. as seen on EK1s and 2s also .

Douglas

Comment

Here is one I have. it weighs 36.41 grams and measures 54.05 mm by 61.22 mm. It has the very faint flaws to the right side of the swastika background.

I wanted to trade it for the swords versions, but the collector said it did not match Gordon Williamson's illustrations.

I would appreciate knowing more about this cross. The circumstances of getting it leads me to believe it is a wartime made piece.

Bob Hritz
                        Attached Files
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

detail
                          Attached Files

Comment

marking 1 900
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X