Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deumer's L/11 mark

Hi Guys!
    We were having a discussion in both the Imperial and 57 sections, trying to date Imperial cored Deumer EK1's! I know the finish helps, but it would be great if there were other features that could differentiate a TR made example from a 57 era one, and indeed any that were made between 45 and 57!!
    Most of the 57 cored Deumer EK1's have the same L/11 mark, where either the top line, bottom line or both top & bottom lines of the box that surrounds the L/11 mark extend past the end of the box, and off to the left!!
    My question is..... was this also found on TR produced L/11 marked EK1's, in either Swastika or Imperial cored versions?, Or, was the surrounding box (when present), more symmetrical without the extended lines???
    Heres a couple of Deumer 57er examples, showing the line(s) I'm referring to.............
    MQrV7p9xUWGz137018354094P1596.jpg

014.JPG
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Heres a closer look at a couple more L/11 MM'd Deumer 57er EK1's.......
    Please check your wartime examples to see how the MM compares!!
    Any help would be appreciated!!
    -Nigel
    mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

Comment

Glad this is moving here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
        .... was this also found on TR produced L/11 marked EK1's, in either Swastika or Imperial cored versions?
        Hi Nigel

na, na, in my opinion no one from the III Reich era has that kind of L/11 stamp, That one is typical postwar.

Comment

That is correct Fabri . I have posted the WW2 L/11 one I had on the 57 Forum and that there are 2 different boxed L/11 marks and the one with the extra lines is a post war mark .

Douglas

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Fabri!!
            I have looked at a lot of wartime L/11 marked Deumer's and not seen this style of MM!!
            BIG thanks to Douglas too for his input!!!!!
            This will be a big help in telling a 57 era Imperial cored Deumer from an earlier version!!
            -Nigel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X