oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deschler EK1 - Almost Identical Twins - Footed & Un-Footed "1" - How Many Variations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deschler EK1 - Almost Identical Twins - Footed & Un-Footed "1" - How Many Variations?

I guess I like Deschler's, I have two. One EK has a "1" maker mark with a "foot" at the bottom and the other has no foot.

Were they made in the same time frame and it's just a different tool set? Anyone else have another variation of the "1" maker mark? Just curious. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

Nice pair Jeff!
      HC

Comment

My first thought is that the second mark might be just a bad strike of the first mark as it looks to be incomplete rather than a totally different shape, the down "slash" at the top being deformed in the process. It will be very interesting to hear what people have to say. The patina on the first cross is amazing.

Comment

Deschler is my most faverite EK.
          regarding the versions, do you have Dietrich's book? Dietrich
          lists the versions. if you don't have, i am glad to take a foto for you.

Comment

Hi Cole - Unfortunately, no I don't have that book. Does it identify all the variations and when they were used? I am thinking die flaw analysis would be needed to tell which was used when. Thanks.

Appreciate the PM's offering to buy, I take that as a good sign.

Comment

you can find in the book the weight of Deschler EKI is 24g, that is why when the cross is in hand we feel so heavy, very good feeling,
              I like the CF zimmermann EKI, but it is so light.
              regarding the logo, Mr.Deschler doesn't frame the time, you know it is so difficult not only it is not very high award but no fixed investigation to proof.

so here we go....the cross in last 2 fotos is my L/10 Deschler. like you, i will not be tired to have 2nd one in my collection
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X