Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice Juncker

Comment

The ribbon bars are two individual bars, you can tell by the size and the distance between them. He probably just put them on for the photo and did not get the order correct which probably happened all the time. They often were not worn in the field etc. no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
        Hey Guys!
        Since I am still a collector some pieces really excite me, for example this grouping. So,I though I would share it here with all of you.
        Best Wishes,
        Bob
        Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting...I remember this from when Barry had it on his site.

I would also like to see some scans of the Soldbuch. Oddly enough, he did not show a photo of the KC entry if I remember correctly.

Regarding that KC Prelim, I would like to see better scans. Field written docs are always difficult. Some questions I would have - what is that stamp? Why the wrong award date? Pöppel was awarded the KC on 31. Dec (not 24.Dec). The abbreviation I.A. (im Auftrag) should be written i.A.

John

Comment

Hi Bob,

Please ignore my i.A comments, while grammatically correct, I just looked at all my prelims and in fact they are written as I.A.

Here is one awarded one day prior to yours on 30 December, signed by Linnarz on 11 January 1945. The award process was not always linear, but this prelim shows that Linnarz was around signing for a KC awarded 1 day prior to Pöppel.

Best,
          John
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a good look at what the Oberkommando des Heeres stamp should look like.

Best,
            John
            Attached Files

Comment

I will post more pics, the stamp looks like yours but has a signature over it with typed initials and Oberst on the bottom.
              Thanks,
              Bob
              www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Hi Bob,

The big question is why would the Heerespersonalamt need to issue a type written certificate and 'im Auftrag' for Linnarz? Type written documents as a field-expedient make sense, as sometimes a unit wouldn't always have award documents on hand. However, this would not be the case for the Heerespersonalamt. To me, it stretches credibility that this office would issue this type of certificate.

I don't have the book in front of me, but there is a early-war example from 1940 in Williamson's EK book. The timeline of it makes sense though from what I remember, as it's possible that the Heerespersonalamt may not have even received their copies of the KC prelim or had only a limited supply. Type written award documents in 1939/40 are not uncommon. By 1944, however, the Heerespersonalamt would have had plenty of blank prelims from which to issue. Not to mention, that a prelim would not be signed I.A. for Linnarz. It would sit on his desk, so-to-speak, awaiting his signature. The Williamson one from 1940 was signed by von Brauchitsch.

Regards,
                John
                Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 06-07-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
                  Thanks Guys!
                  I will take pics of the soldbuch and post them. Boy, I can tell you some stories about non-standard uniforms and head gear that are/were 110% oriignal. However, no-one believed them because they were so non-standard.
                  Thanks again!
                  Bob
                  PS- A little later I will post pics of a nice L/12 with a worn ribbon I picked up, this month has been about "RK"s!
                  Bob;
                  You are 100% correct.I too have seen this happen a lot.There is a pic on here from life mag.that shows a German officer wearing a mod 43 hat with sewn on insg. and a metal eagle pinned to the sewn on cloth eagle. and the metal eagle isn't even put on right......this happened all the time.

Dennis J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X