Two EK2 spanges one with Berghof provence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two EK2 spanges one with Berghof provence

Two EK2 spanges I think type 1 and 2.A is a high quality heavily silver plated clasp by Wilhelm Deumer with provenence back to when it was found at The Berghof by Lt D.C. Watts in 1945.Clasp B is supposed to be genuine,but I'm not sure It is very detailed, a little heavier than A but looks like it was made last year.The pins are solid and do not look like they have ever been bent.What do you guys think ? I would value your opinions thanks in advance.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Spanges

The Deumer is original, the other one has been discussed before and some like and some don't. Jim

Comment

Hi Jim

I think you mixed up the pictures.

The controversial one you are talking about is the "short wing" type, I think this one bears the L/11 stamp here. The other one (B) looks like the "robot fake" to me.
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Hello there,

I like "B" in your photos.

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Hi
          Pictures are correctly labled just above the eagles head head A - Deumer B the one I doubt.Two very diferent eagles.I must look up this "robot fake " you mention.
          Thanks
          Jon

Comment

Hi
            how tight is your provenance on the L/11?
            regards
            jon

Comment

L/11

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
              Hi Jim

I think you mixed up the pictures.

The controversial one you are talking about is the "short wing" type, I think this one bears the L/11 stamp here. The other one (B) looks like the "robot fake" to me.
              You are right Giel, the pebbles in the date block look like the robot fake. Jim

Comment

A. Authentic piece by an unknown maker in my controversial opinion.
                B. Well-known Robot Fake.

I don't know what to make of the L/11 stamps on some examples of this type. I would ask the same question Jon does: how good is the provenance for the L/11 piece?
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi
                  The provenece is signed by American collector Russ Hamilton who aquired it as part of a collection
                  from D.C. Watts.The spange came to me from Ulric of England.

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

I dont know very much about these but your specimen "B" (marked L/11 for Deumer) is very familiar because I bought the same one 2 years ago except it was marked "0" (no such maker). Different (and feasible) maker mark on yours but same bird and its very different from "regular" Deumer EK2 spanges IMO

I've attached front & back pictures of mine for you to compare

Regards

JC
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi B is unmarked I must have switched them over when I took the photographs which is one of the reasons I marked them .Where does the name 'robot fake' come from?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X