Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY INTERESTING DESCHLER DKiG

Hello DK guys,

in Weitze's shop there is a very interesting DKiG unmarked but clairly from Deschler firm.

I had it in hands yesterday and IMO it's an original piece. It's a four rivets but they are as early multirivets fat types !!!
    Possible made in a period between multirivets and four rivets with little types.

Interesting is the material of wreath too, as you can see from photo where come away the gilding, it is NOT a classic mixture of metals, it's without copper inside ! probably nickel or silver, as in other multirivets types............

Thanks to Helmut. I hope it's ok for Helmut I put photos here, if not please let me know and I move them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by IVAN; 05-19-2013, 11:59 AM.

Ivan Bombardieri

reverse
    Attached Files

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

IMO original cross but this variation is not often seen

Andy

Comment

Highly interesting and extremely rare (actually I have necer seen one before!). Thanks for posting!

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Dietrich,
          yes, for me too first time . Enamel is an original war time...

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I asked Helmut for the pictures for a possible updated DK book. I know he will because he always helps!

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Ivan,

Very interesting, thanks for showing such a rarity. I would like to see some closeups of the hinge especially.

Dietrich, I can only agree that Helmut Weitze and his team are extremely helpful to authors, they have helped me on quite a few occasions. A real professional team IMO.

Tom
              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

these rivets rimind me of that one....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=544197

Comment

Yes, I don't think would be problems for photos. Dietrich, I have not measurements and weight, you must get them from Helmut, I think they are important.

@ Stefank, you are right, some rivets are similars but , apart many problems on that DK , they would copy a godet DK ( from date 1941) but Godet never did these kind of fat rivets.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Interesting. My first though on seeing this example was also repaired rivets. I'm pretty sure I've seen examples before where one or more of the standard tombak rivets have been replaced with these large, earlier style "fat" rivets.

Regards
                    Mike
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Ivan, i think it is an interim version because the needle is the 6 rivets long pin.

Comment

In hands I haven't seen traces of replacement around the rivets and enamel it seams to be an original war time material.

Interesting is all reverse parts look as same material ( rivets , hinge, catch, pin ) plus we can see wreath has not copper inside...........

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I add a pic of a cross I have showed in 2009.
                          Ivan, this is the cross that I was describing on Saturday.
                          I don't know if the rivets are the same type but looks very close at least.
                          About the cross we have handled at the Milan show, I have to agree with you, in my opinion too it 's an original Deschler work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi dear Fabri,

these rivets are interesting too,
                            these rivets in dk you show I think they seam to be more little and flat then the cross we have seen together saturday, they become similar like the final copper type in common examples....

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X