Looking to have repair work done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to have repair work done

Hey all, I have a disassembled denazified L/52 EK1 that I would like to have soldered back together for a reasonable price. Please PM me or leave a reply here. Thank you!
    Attached Files

I think it would be a shame to try and reassemble the EK.
    But that is just my opinion.

/Flemming

Comment

I tend to agree. Much better as is. I'd only get a pro to do any soldering.

Comment

You'll get more for an original in 3 pieces than an original three piece soldered together by who knows who.

Comment

Great display.....

I think it makes for great display piece as it is. Tom

Comment

A silversmith can do the job and w/o the swas it's even easier to find someone.

On the other hand, denaz stuff isn't very sought after so I would also keep it this way I think.

Comment

I would display the 3 pieces next to a complete EK1.

Comment

I agree. Leave it as it is and if you ever want to sell it many collectors (including members of this board) would be happy to pay a good price for it. It's unusual to find a cross like this and no one is going to break an original EK in order to achieve the same result.

Comment

I agree with what others are saying - don't re-assemble it. It's worth much more as-is, and I would wager you'd probably eventually feel sorry you had it re-assembled. I like the suggestion of displaying it next to a complete L/52 - that's what I'd do.

Comment

I would say that if you want to display it together, just put something temporary (like putty or a dab of hot glue) between the frames. That way you can always take it apart easily.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Yeah, well... hmmm... decision, decisions, decisions... Thanks to all for the suggestions. I suppose its not much more expensive really to just buy another denazified version that's all together. L/52s aren't that scarce I've noticed... I think leave it the way it is...

Comment

If you go with Streptile's solution I would suggest a drop of Selley's Araldite in each of the corners. It's a two part epoxy resin that is very secure, but can be easily cut apart with a modeling knife. The resin can then be easily removed from the frames if someone else wishes to buy it.

You don't want a glue that will be "final" and or will leave a dreadful mess on the frames.

All you need to do is put the drops of the mixed glue in the four corners and hold everything in place until it sets within a couple of minutes. You can then gently trim any excess from the flanges.

I would still leave it separate myself, but this is a safe way to put it back together for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                          I would suggest a drop of Selley's Araldite in each of the corners.
                          Too right mate, but I can't get Selley's Araldite in California, too exotic! Will do as suggested, a good solution, thanks ...

Comment

Crazy glue gel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X