order of the german eagle..oppinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order of the german eagle..oppinions

what do you guys think of this? Marked with a "7" but cant find any reference on this mark. retail?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not a collector; howerver, I googled "Order of the german eagle, maker mark" and found:

"...900 content and 21 (Godet)...."

--Guy

Comment

It is a rare marking. Normally the orders of the Eagle German 5th class, as yours only show brand 900 and 21 in the ring but yours shows the mark 'L' on the ball that is on the fan.

This marking on the top of the fan is characteristic of orders of the third class of 1939 Eagle and usually does not appear in the orders of 5th class of 1943, is the first time that I see a mixture of such marks.

It is 100% original but, or ring is not that cross and has been of another cross in 5th class of 43 is a hitherto unseen marking with mixture of the labeling of the two seasons and models. Very interesting...: 1shhh:

Comment

ok, so 21 900 is godet and fairly common. What maker is denoted by the "L"?
          If we indeed have a piece with two different firms involved, could we assume that the original ribbon and ring was damaged and replaced with a 21/900 marked example? Or, would it also be possible, especially since its a late war award, that who ever made the medal "L" had to supplement rings and ribbons due to production or materials issues? And on top of that, the didn't make many of them due to this problem...would this also explain the rarity of the "L" mark? I can only speculate...if anyone else is knowledgeable please jump in!

Comment

Regardless if it is 7, L or a box partial stamp, IMO this is an original medal...and is finely executed. Congratulations. Too bad the photos of the eagles weren't more in focus....has a nice patina, and looks to have some natural wear. Maybe someone can clear up the issue you have regarding that mark...eventually.

Comment

whats a fair price for a 5th class these days? 1,000? usd?

Comment

As I said before, the medal is 100% original, the ribbon and ring it is, but this configuration is not that we normally see.

It is possible that cross was former manufacturing, corresponded to a model of 1939 where it is normal to see this type of markings on the top of the ball over the fan and later adding him the ring of an order of fifth class of 43 whose marking is 900 and 21.

The marking "L" is not that means, there is no documentary evidence explaining markings on the orders of the Eagle 1939. Have been many different markings and it is possible to see copies marked "E", "W", "L", "TT", etc. Possibly try a production brand or the brand of one of the jewelers or factories of Godet & Co.

The price of this medal is aproximately 800-1.000€ withouth case

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X