Godet DKiG on the estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godet DKiG on the estand

These crosses are not my area at all, but I am pretty certain that this is not how a genuine Godet should look....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=664774

Can I hear some of your opinions?
    Sincere apologies to the seller if I am wrong.

Regards - Danny

Not to be too judgemental, if your not an expert, why open up this thread without contacting the seller and requesting more photos and information.
    IF there is no problem with the cross, why cast any doubts without a further inquiry?
    Also, if you are the seller, no photos of the reverse and markings???

Comment

Ask more fotos upon swastika

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
        Not to be too judgemental, if your not an expert, why open up this thread without contacting the seller and requesting more photos and information.
        IF there is no problem with the cross, why cast any doubts without a further inquiry?
        Also, if you are the seller, no photos of the reverse and markings???
        Hi Ron,

I am not trying to cause any trouble or cause offence at all, but I was under the impression that anyone can start a discussion thread about an item we are unsure about.
        I am not the seller, and do not know him. I admit, I did not contact him in advance either which I probably should have done. I saw the sales thread and thought that something looked odd about the swastika - the 'borders' looked to wide to me. I also searched the forum for some known Godet DK's and they looked quite different.

The seller joined the forum in the past few days, has no posting history and is selling an item for $3950 with only two photographs (none showing the reverse at the time of my initial post). Is this not reason enough to draw attention to the thread if I believe that something looks 'wrong' with the cross?

The reverse images which have been added look fine to my untrained eye, but my worry about the swastika remains. Again, if this is some accepted variant of which I am unaware, my sincerest apologies to the seller.
        Regards - Danny
        Last edited by Danny70; 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

New member, joined today, no posts and a expensive item right out of the starting gate. I would be very carefull here.....

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Dear Ron,

Our forum consists mainly from private collectors and every sale on the estand is done privately by amateurs. That means that also their knowledge is based on their amateur experience. If someone posts an item on the estand he/she agrees that the item can be discussed and this regulation really makes sense. It would be dangerous and would undermine the prefessionality of the forum if that regulation would not exist.

If a seller places an item as original in a well respected forum like the waf (which is one of the most famous i guess), he/ she should agree even without regulation to freely discuss his/her item. Thats not only a matter of honesty but also a matter of professionality. I find it wrong to point at an attentive member who has some doubts on a certain piece. We have many experienced collectors in the forum who could easily clarify every issue.

Collecting DK is one of my main focuses and i only can support Danny with his doubts. There are some things i would expect being different with an original DK by Godet and i would not recommend anybody to buy this cross based on the pictures. Of course i immediately would revise my opinion if the seller showed clear pictures. And with that amount of money we can expect that from the seller.

Many greetings,
            Stefan

Comment

Danny,

You have every right to start a thread and ask a question about any item - you do NOT have to be an expert. The only way to learn is to ask questions.

I don't profess to be a DK expert either but I don't like the look of the swas on that cross. The starburst, wreath and hardware all look fine, but I'm wondering if the swas is not a replacement based on the thick tombak edging, heavy file marks on the edge and poor looking enamel (with pinholes!).

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Danny, you did the right thing by posting this piece. From what I have learned the swaz is a cause for debate as this type I have not seen. good job

Comment

godet

Looks like it might be a one of the later, lighter versions of the Godent DKIG.

Comment

Originally posted by Cole Bush View Post
                    Ask more fotos upon swastika
                    more fotos with its reverse are updated.
                    IMO original cross but with replaced swastika.

Comment

I understand the purpose of the forum, but to be fair to a newly joined member I felt he should have been contacted first to furnish further information.

Comment

Hello everyone...

Stefan, your exactly right when you say that there is a reason people come to this forum and it is to speak too the pieces we collect, in a minefield that has cost me and likely most of us. Although I have been away from collecting for sometime, i am a former member and that is exactly why i started coming here.

I certainly welcome the idea of discussing the DKiG that i posted on e stand and only struggle with having to stumble onto the discussion.

So whether its $40 or $4000, i don't want anyone wondering if what i offer to other collectors is right. I will post whatever pictures needed to draw a conclusion.

Dale

BTW thanks Ron....

Comment

so i am the only man left without being thankful because i pointed the truth.
                          so what/why are you discussing about in WAF ????
                          ooppppssss.....
                          Last edited by Cole Bush; 04-10-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

thank you for your more fotos of swastika, so it confirms: a replaced swastika.
                            here is my Godet swastika
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cole Bush View Post
                              thank you for your more fotos of swastika, so it confirms: a replaced swastika.
                              here is my Godet swastika
                              I can only agree, that the swaz has been replaced. And I am takling about the one on the E-stand and NOT Cole's

/Flemming

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X