X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakleafs for Dietrich

Here are some Oaks for Dietrich

http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...-s-cross-g8543

Oakleaves to the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross, silver, marked "800" and "L/12", worn, nearly extremely fine condition. (Sold with Expertise/Guarantee of Authenticity, by D. Niemann).

Pictures below:
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Fake imo....

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
          Fake imo....
          AGREED.

Tom
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

But.... it has... it has a guarantee guys.....

Comment

One can only authenticate by comparing an unknown piece to a known piece. Mr. Niemann was of the opinion - as witnessed by his price catalog - that his beloved Juncker company made at least three, if not four, different types of oakleaves. This could have been founded in truth or in marketing.....

Maybe that was the case that Juncker made several set of oakleave dies during the time between mid 1940 and October of 1941. If it was, Mr. Niemann never shared his wisdom with the unwashed masses. His usual answer when challenged or asked for explanation was banning the asker/doubter from his site.

Personally I am pretty sure that I have identified one genuine set of oakleavles, maybe even the ONLY set of oakleave type made by Juncker. That was published in my magazine. They are marked 900 and L/12.

Do I know for sure that Juncker did not produce more than one set? No, I do not know that.

Dietrich
              Last edited by Dietrich Maerz; 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM.
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Post 1945

Gentlemen,

The "font" on this piece is not correct for a Juncker made specimen. Both the "L/12" and the "800" stamp does not conform to the "known" Juncker characteristics.

MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                  One can only authenticate by comparing an unknown piece to a known piece.
                  Not necessarily Dietrich. We can also look at it forensically, and see if there are characteristics of the item that match "Juncker fingerprints" such as the maker mark, 800-stamp, finishing techniques, are the ends cut in similar fashion to Juncker RK loops, etc. That is how we can authenticate something that we have never seen before. Like Mike correctly points out, the stamps are not like known Juncker stamps, so that is a big red flag IMO.

Tom
                  If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                  [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

This s only true if you know for sure all the stamps, tools, markings, etc used by the maker in question. Nobody knows if Fritz did not use a one time stamp on Monday, did not clip the loop ends differently because he wanted to, or if Juncker did not use for a short period of time another supplier for a catch or a pin.

But even that type of forensic authentication is based on comparing an unknown piece to a known piece - even f only part by part and piece by piece.

However, if in this case the die would be right and the 800 stamp would be "wrong" (which is just another word for "never seen on an original"), I still would call the piece "good", but with the remark of an unusual stamp.

All we determine or think to be "original" has its roots in proven originals, either as a whole or in parts. What else could it be?

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi,
                      As someone who in the past has worked with precious metals --If a junior handed
                      this to me and said it was " finished " I would have thrown it out of the window
                      Cheers

Comment

Excuse me but,

I was always under the impression that the 'design' we see on 'Oakleaves' was always
                        "tiny circular beads" which were to represent the 'pores' of the leaves. Not those "chips"
                        that are showing on the set of Oakleaves below.

Ron.

Comment

Ugly!

Comment

bad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X