knights cross - any chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knights cross - any chance?

Photo is lousy but all I have to go on. Would appreciate any comments by you RK experts..
    Thanks,
    Fred
    Attached Files

I'd say impossible to tell from this pic. Get more - if the seller is serious they'll provide them.

Comment

IMO no serious seller would present a picture as bad as this...

Comment

Very bad picture and i dont think its original.
        Please post some more pictures

Andy

Comment

The lack of any hint of beading even in this slightly blurred photo is interesting. The swas and numbers are focused enough so I would have expected to see at least a some beading.

Comment

Latvian crap?

Comment

Thanks for the replies, the cross was at an auction the next day, couldn't get any better pics before then. The apparent lack of beading seemed odd, but it looked like it had a nice patina..maybe someone got a bargain.
              Fred

Comment

No.

Comment

Hmm

Reminds me of one that's floating around here in the Northeast on Craigslist.
                  Bad, out of focus pics and the seller states his Grandfather picked it up during the war. Upon enlargement it shows a silver content stamp of the nefarious and dubious
                  "925".

Comment

Let me guess ... it's a killer deal right?
                    That would be the first indication to run West.

Comment

Fred,

Keep on keepin' on my friend and one day you will find the diamond in the rough.

As you can see by the three crosses I've attached there are still very good deals out there. Just because a seller doesn't know what they have and underprices something should not be reason to immediately discount the originality of a piece and run from it. Do your homework and try to get good pics and compare the attributes to the plethora of pics available on this Forum.

There are alot of guys who will take the time to give you some good detailed info and encouragement so don't "run West" at the first hint of a "killer deal" because I guarantee you there will be a few guys behind you poking their noses around to get a piece of the action.

Good hunting and keep your chin up

Bob

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                      Let me guess ... it's a killer deal right?
                      That would be the first indication to run West.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X