my other ek1st! is it fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my other ek1st! is it fake?

well heres my only other ek1st that i have, i bought it 4 years ago as real but now im not so sure,the frames are starting to part and it is of 3 peice constrution and magnetic! any help would be great! thanks!
    Attached Files

and the back with the clam screw backplace! what do you guys think? all good or all bad!!! thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks a lot like this one with the frame put on upside down. If so, I'm afraid....
      Attached Files
      George

Comment

In my opinion, the fact that there is no securing "nub" on the upper arm is always a bad sign with screwbacks.

Comment

"The fact that there is no securing "nub" on the upper arm is never a good sign with screwbacks."

Well, almost never. I've seen good ones without the nub.
          George

Comment

George,

You are right, I have seen a few originals without the "nub" as well, however it is my general rule to avoid such examples, as many of the fakes lack that feature for some reason.

Comment

Isn't the 1939 a little low as well?
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

god iv not been having a good month with my eks!!! 3 out of 4 of them are fakes!!! oh well! so this one isnt any good at all then? *sigh* oh well looks like im in the market for a ek1st again!! cheers guys!

Comment

@Colorado: yes, the dates are always very low on this (Floch) fake.
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Here is my Floch Screwback L/21 and it has the 'hub" on the reverse.
                    Attached Files
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

dang flocked again! oh well! thanks anyway guys!

Comment

Paddy,

Don't feel too bad. Through the help of the guys here, I've finally got my collection "cleaned out". To say the least, it shrunk some.

I suppose we can't blame Floch, just hope I never meet him.

Comment

He who never owned a Floch never started to learn! Don't feel bad about this, it's part of the hobby!

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

And sometimes it take a while to learn. I have three Floch EK 1s, one First Class Spange, and a KVK!!
                            George

Comment

George,

It's a pity you have had to go through that, and I for one would like to thank you for your help and hard earned wisdom, because I know you have saved me some $$ and in all probability many others here.

In my line of work, you are what is called a stand up guy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X