Ek1 spange opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek1 spange opinions?

I think it's bad but I really would like to be sure.
    Attached Files

looks OK to me, maybe a little rough
    how does it feel 'in hand'?
    regards
    jon

Comment

Bought a large lot and this should have ben in it but the seller might have forgot it(i hope).
      I'm trying to find out if I should cry(if real) or stay calm(if fake).

Comment

no one else?
        I compared all spanges that I could find and the Schmidhäussler is the closest but it doenst't match on a couple of points. For example eagle feets and eagle toes checking from the reverse.

Comment

Well i could say that I am not 100% on this one

Andy

Comment

Could you please post a view of the spange's thickness? There have been some of these that have looked perfectly original until you look at their extra thickness.

Here's an original to compare...

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Spange

It is almost close, but look at the pebbling an compare to Robert's. Then look at the claws from the back and they are too round and not the normal style that I have seen. I think it is a copy. Jim

Comment

Let's try a little side by side and see what we come up with...

Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Those photo above were too small...

I still think a photo of the spange in question on it's back to see the thickness would be adequate to determine whether it's a copy or not.

Robert
                    Attached Files

Comment

I do not like it. It tries to look like Roberts, but not perfect. Not only the pebbling but also the shoulders looks wrong.

That is my opinion

/Flemming

Comment

hi, as I said only have these two photos right now since the seller forgot to pack it.

See my concerns. Lack of pebbling beside the swaz, eagle toes on the reverse, extra line above the eagle feets.

PS, on the other hand I have not seen any copies in this manner.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by schönbeck; 02-16-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

You've closed in on some very key points/differences. On these alone I would look for another. Just my opinion. They're a common spange, and it won't be hard to find another that you'll be at ease with.

Robert

Comment

I agree with Jim , Robert, and Schönbeck that the spange that started this thread isnt original at least according to a recent thead that discussed the same spange....

I can't locate this thread but from what I recall A) the additional lines on lower legs, B) the lack of lines/striations(?) on talons and C) the missing detail /lines in top & bottom wreath bands (amongst other details) were all considered traits of a reproduction in that thread

Attached is a pict of the front of mine which IMO matches Robert's specimen

Regards

JC
                            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful example, JC! They don't come much finer than yours.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X