Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was the full length KC ribbon attached at the moment of the awarding of the KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was the full length KC ribbon attached at the moment of the awarding of the KC?

Hi Guys,

we all know the pics of KC award ceremonies. Usually we see pics of the soldier standing straight while someone else can be seen over his shoulder affixing the cross. My question is: how exactly were the two ends of the full length ribbon attached? I imagine something like a pin was used to do so as I believe the ribbon was not tied together as it needed to be done quicky and securely so the ceremony would not have any awkward moments with the cross falling down, the commander thumbling endlessly with the ribbon and so on. Anyone know or even better can show a pic of how the affixing was done?

Cheers, W

This image is from WAF member Vandewynckel A.

Source

Since he has the original, perhaps he can enlarge the image and tell you how this one was connected. Perhaps by safety pin?

--Guy

Comment

And in this image it looks like it is being pinned -- but that is only speculation on my part.

source

--Guy

Comment

Though, in this image it looks like it is being tied-- again, that is only speculation on my part, but look how tight it is being pulled by Rommel

source

--Guy

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the ends are being folded over very neatly before pinning or -- perhaps -- a "bow tie" tie?

source

--Guy

Comment

It's really hard to see if it is pinned or tied!

source

--Guy

Comment

Hi Frieds,

It looks like it is done with a safety pin?

André
                Attached Files

Comment

Guys, very cool pics. Great to see that folded ribbon with safety pin. If anyone has more pics showing this kind of detail please post. Cheers, W

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that the RK was only every issued with a partial ribbon, as in one that wouldn't go around the neck. That was clearly not true. These are great shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Vandewynckel A. View Post
                      Hi Frieds,

It looks like it is done with a safety pin?

André
                      Hi André,

Thanks for the extra effort to zoom in and identify the safety pin!

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X