Oak Leaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oak Leaf

A friend of mine has this and I was wondering what you all thought.
    Attached Files

And close-ups.
    Attached Files

Comment

The obverse pic is a little blurry, but the flaws appear to be consistent with those found on postwar/ 57 era S&L Oaks i think?
      -Nigel
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
        The obverse pic is a little blurry, but the flaws appear to be consistent with those found on postwar/ 57 era S&L Oaks i think?
        -Nigel
        Looks like it, but not really where you want to see the "800" mark if 1957 issue ... IMO another cast fake.
        The etui is bogus as well .... they scratched off the LDO label to mislead any potential buyer.

Comment

I dont think the pic is good enough to say for sure as to wether these are cast? The finish does'nt look great!! but i dont think theres any problem with the positioning of the "800" mark, on a very early set , yes, but with the extra flaw, this would make this set (if good) a slightly later version, by which time the "800" mark seems to turn up in several different positions!!
          I dont think the etui is an Oaks case at all, fake or real, it looks like an old jewellery case to me???
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

It looks like its made out of lead and its in a container.Thats it.

Comment

Oh oh, overall missing silvering and the little hole in the upper vein let´s me too think about a very good cast fake.

There are better, sharper pics needed to be sure.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll see if he can take some clearer pictures. He's had this for over 50 years now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X