MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War Merit Cross w/o swords, real or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Merit Cross w/o swords, real or fake?

What do you think, real or fake?
    Jumper ring broke off...

DSC_5554.jpg

DSC_5520.jpg

War Merit Cross

JesseT:

Nothing to worry about....Your KvKII is an original!

The 'beads' or 'nipples', whatever you want to name them are perfectly okay & reach right up to the inner-arm edges. Swastika is nicely formed & does stand high enough from the surface. The thickness of the 'ring mount' that has broken-off from the cross is the right thickness & the color showing in the photo of the old 'soldered' break looks fine as well.

Ron

Comment

Thanks for your response. What do you think is the best way to get this fixed? Should I take it to a Jeweler?

Comment

Jeweler or not?

JesseT:

How important is that cross to you? It is just a low-cost 'Merit' award & looks like it was made from 'ZINC' which is a standard low-expense metal used by a few countries at that time. You can either pick another one up of better material or hold onto that one.

What's a jeweler going to cost you? You've got to be looking at $25.00 at minimum [for the Jeweler's time] to file that area down, heat-up his torch & re-attach the mount.

What about going to Canadian Tire, check-out their "Adhesives" Section & look at the 'Crazy Glue' & 'Contact Cement'. What are they selling these at? Either one would bond the pieces back together & most likely hold pretty well. That's if you wanted to 'KEEP' the Cross just because it was "one of your early pieces in your collection".

If you're just starting-out & want a nice 'Cross' award just give me your mailing address & I'll mail you a very nice 'War Merit Cross II Class with Swords' at NO cost to you. We'll just call it a 'friendly introduction into the hobby from a fellow collector'.

PM me or e-mail me if you want to do that.

Best of luck to you!

Ron

Comment

I agree, there are much nicer examples around than this. That's a very generous offer too RKC. Excellent stuff.

Comment

I would keep this WMC/wo swords, and would not try to reattatch the ring.
            A MM WMC is not that commen.

/Flemming

Comment

Two-Fer

Very Admirable of Ron. See that, you not only have an original KVKII W/O Swords but soon you'll have two. By the way Ron, I have a 25 Year NSDAP Award with a Broken ring. Any of those with an attached ring lying around?

Comment

Petopoint:

Sorry, I haven't had any of those kicking-around since 1982, I wasn't much of a 'Party' animal at the time!

Tony:

Thanks for the pat on the back!

Ron

Comment

A very generous offer, Thanks so much

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X