Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schinkelform EK1's

Hi,

I have been reading through the various threads dealing with EK1 Schinkelforms and Gordon Williams book and there do not appear to be many that are maker marked or that have known makers.

Is this correct or have I missed some other information.

I am especially interested in seeing a Zimmerman Schinkelform EK1 if anyone has a picture.

Regards

Steve

I'm sure there are exceptions, but as a rule of thumb, Schinkelforms, like the round 3's, are not a piece you would expect to find with a maker mark. Scarce Cased Schinkel Iron Cross First Class

regards

Marshall

Originally posted by Stecon6591
    Hi,

I have been reading through the various threads dealing with EK1 Schinkelforms and Gordon Williams book and there do not appear to be many that are maker marked or that have known makers.

Is this correct or have I missed some other information.

I am especially interested in seeing a Zimmerman Schinkelform EK1 if anyone has a picture.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Many varients of the EK1939 such as the Shinkelform and the round 3 and the Obergross cross were made before the intoduction of makers I.D. numbers in 1941.
      Last edited by Raym'; 09-06-2004, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the thread leads. When a Schinkelform was made they were obviously using different core dies to the standard cross, so identifying the maker from a core comparison between the two types would be impossible I assume.

As the frame was from the WW1 made cross I wonder if the maker could be determined by a comparison between WW1 frames of known makers against the Schinkelforms of WW2 as I assume that these would share the same characteristics.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Any comments?

Regards

Steve

Comment

Yes Steve....I guess that would work because some shinkelform 1939 cross frames seem to have been from existing stock and the same 1914 dies were used, but the problem would be that there were so very many makers of EKs 1914 and many are unknown - even some with makers marks are sometimes hard to trace. I have never found a full list of 1914 makers and I dont think one exists. If anyone knows where to find one I would be very interseted to see it, but I have only seen partial lists.

Comment

Hi Raym,

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Comment

ok it may be a totally n00b question, but what is a Shinkelform cross? I have heard this word many times but have no idea what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by III/JG11_Dingus
                  ok it may be a totally n00b question, but what is a Shinkelform cross? I have heard this word many times but have no idea what it means.
                  use the 'search' button in this forum, and you'll find alot of threads related to these crosses
                  regards
                  jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X