No announcement yet.

EKII Spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spange on uniform doesnt have the circles in the back. Well lets see the pictures that the buyer posts.

I would agree with partial refund if the spange is not OK, but in selling thread it was described as dammaged - missing a prong and based on that also the total value of lot was estimated. Now the buyers response was, if the clasp is not ok, I want a 150$ - 200$ refund or the whole refund and he send the whole thing back. Well based on the overall condition of the clasp, we are no near to that ammount he asks...just so that you have all the data

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post

I would agree with partial refund if the spange is not OK, but in selling thread it was described as dammaged - missing a prong and based on that also the total value of lot was estimated. Now the buyers response was, if the clasp is not ok, I want a 150$ - 200$ refund or the whole refund and he send the whole thing back. Well based on the overall condition of the clasp, we are no near to that ammount he asks...just so that you have all the data
      Disappointing a discussion thread on an item is turning into an opportunity for the seller to start slinging mud.

Since the seller wants to start mis-quoting me I'll paste in what I actually said to him about the value of the clasp and the refund I would expect if it is indeed a fake:

Originally posted by Exile
      "If the spange is a fake I will be asking for a refund on the clasp. An EKII clasp is worth approx. $150-$200. You cannot claim that the clasp was not a significant part of the total value of the tunic. I would be expecting a discount to the reasonable value of the clasp - $150"
      Note that I said the refund would be at the lower end of an EKII Clasp's value and recognises the condition. I honestly don't think that is unreasonable.

The seller is also now claiming that the EKII clasp and ribbon bar were FREE.

Originally posted by germanmedals
      The price for tunic, aquilette and postage was 900 eur,...you got the clasp and feldspange for free. If you dont want them for free, send everything back.

A convenient way to get out of giving a refund: just change the deal later to say the fake items were free and that you were only paying for the other things!

Matt

Comment

Hello all

The spange arrived today and I have taken some better pictures.

The spange is marked 'L/4'.

I would value your opinions on this.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

L/4

The spange is a fake as everyone has said and this number proves what was said, the first L number used is L/10 for Deschler. Jim

Comment

Hi all

Just wanted to update this thread.

Seller did not take the news well and things turned a bit nasty. There was some name calling from him and some swearing.

I had to raise a dispute with Paypal to get my money back and the seller tried to fight giving me a full refund. Paypal decided in my favour and he has to give a full refund.

A shame he was so childish about the whole thing, it all could have been solved easily if he had just accepted that it was a fake and given me a part-refund.

Oh well, perhaps it will teach him a lesson (but judging by the way he acted I doubt it).

Thanks for the help guys.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the update Matt,

There are two very important lessen to be learned here:

1. Always post photos on the forum before you purchase an item. I'm speaking of items you're unfamiliar with. You can avoid all the hastle you had to go through to get your funds returned.

2. This is an important one. Whenever someone claims that the forum community doesn't know what they are talking about red flags should fly. A person in the wrong always has to first discredit others to gain favor or confidence with the customer.

There are dealers who work VERY hard to establish good relationships with their customers. They understand that their business goes no where without satisfied customers. And, we give these dealers the utmost respect.

Robert

Comment

A heads up for the sellers too,...so that you won't think that I tryed to fool somebody. Make sure that the buyer is satesfied with everything before sending the packet, specialy when it comes to uniforms and parts on it. 2000 views were for my uniform and this clasp, and not even one said it wasnt OK,...untill the buyer opened the discussion.

Well even if it turned out to be a repro,...at the start it was sold as a dammaged clasp - 50 eur tops,... but the buyer wanted 150$-200$ refund. Well I heard of similar buyers who reduce the price after receiving the item, based on little spots that dont like, except if they get a refund, then they are OK with it. I guess Exile is one of them. The uniform is legit, but as he didnt receive a 150$ refund, he send it back.

There wouldnt be a problem if buyer opened a discussion before making the payment or at least before i send the packet, so that we would avoid unnecesary expences.
                So do your work, before concluding the deal.

Comment

I have never seen a original clasp sell for 50$, even if one or all 4 pronge was missing.

/Flemming

Comment

Germanmedals,

Would you please post a link to your sales site?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
                      Germanmedals,

Robert

I would like to see that also. Would love to be able to buy at those prices.

/Flemming

Comment

It was a part of an uniform and 50 eur, not 50$ were aproximately be calculated for the value of the clasp. The estand thread seems that was removed from moderators. But i will post it again for sale, only the description will be replacement EK2 clasp, not a dammaged one. Buyer got a fair price for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                          I would like to see that also. Would love to be able to buy at those prices.

/Flemming
                          Sometimes you don't even need to buy them he is so very generous. As soon as the spange was identified as a fake he told me that he had included it in the original deal FOR FREE. What a bargain I got!

The price for tunic, aquilette and postage was 900 eur,...you got the clasp and feldspange for free. If you dont want them for free, send everything back.

Some other members have contacted me about this seller and told similar stories about his behaviour and his "honesty".

Matt

Comment

Germanmedals,

Robert
                            Germanmedals, a couple of us are interested in seeing your site, and seeing what you offer the collector.

Would you post it, Matt?

Robert

Comment

Germanmedals, a couple of us are interested in seeing your site, and seeing what you offer the collector.

Would you post it, Matt?

Robert
                              I don't know if he has a site. I purchased the uniform from the estand.

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X