No announcement yet.

EKII Spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The buyer ('Exile') had a legitimate concern over the spange. It was proven a fake, pure and simple. The photos provided prove this out. I'll be waiting to see this uniform on the appropriate forum when discussion begins on it, if it does. Even then, photos are oftentimes not enough; it takes hands-on inspection by the right people.

Robert

Comment

Well did I missed something? Where was this clasp proven fake? Here is your first post where you clearely pass the opinion on "experts".

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
      At first glance it looks like a B.H. Mayer. Could be a copy. Let's let the experts weigh in on this one to be certain. Is it stamped on the backside?

Robert
      I'm dont name myself expert, but you sure become one quite quickly. 24 hours have passed and from "lets wait for experts" today is already 100% proven fake based on few other pictures, from which none of them resemble to one on uniform. And you didnt even see the back of it. Again 2000 others saw it, and you are the first to say it is not OK. In the end it might realy be a fake, but with this method that you are using you have 50% of being right and 50% of being wrong,...if that is the percentage you are willing to use after 14000 posts,...well go for it.

Buyer has all possibilities he wants,...problem is, that you all are makin some presumtions on all fictal paranoic facts that go with 3rd reich collecting, and nothing actualy is based or real detailed examination. If in the end you maybe turn out to be wrong,... I dont want to be the one to call you idiots

Comment

I use the 'tools' available on this forum to determine what is original and fake. I have confidence in this forum (WAF) and I respect the one's I call 'experts'. I went the route of checking the fake data base and found that the spange was indeed judged as a fake, something everyone can do. If you have no confidence in this forum then you are free to do as you choose. I for one choose to trust in the collective opinions of the forum members.

Robert

Comment

I have handled enough original and fake clasps to agree with Robert 100% here. IT IS NOT ORIGINAL!! DOOOOOOH
          SO THEREFORE IT DOES NOT BELONG TO THE TUNIC WHICH IS ORIGINAL BUT HEAVILY ABUSED!
          CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU!

Comment

Based on that pictures and compatison, i cant say if this pictures show the same clasp actualy to me look diferent. I will check if i made a better picture myself and i have it stored, or we will wait for new ones when new owner makes them. Just to remind you,...the description in estand thread was, clasp is missing a prong and was evaluated based on that fact. It might be that original was replaced with this one. Clear direct pictures will surely clear the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
              From the front, it looks very similar to the "L/4" I got stuck with back in the 70's even down to the finish/patina...

JC

That's what it looks like to me. Same type patina associated with these, plus the shape of the 1 and uneven gaps between the wings and head are give aways as well.

Comment

Here is the spange in question compared to the spange in the fake gallery forum...

Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for your opinions so far.

Once I have the tunic I will make some more detailed pictures for comparison.

The tunic itself is being discussed here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=645618

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Your spange looks very suspiciously like the fake in post # 17 here...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=101961&page=2

Robert

Here is a good Mayer to compare...
                    Hi,

Does it also have a white circular solders on the prongs attachments? Here's mine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The obverse shot.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The spange in post #25 actually looks like a cast copy of a Mayer. Look at those casting seams! And the sloppy job on the lower portion of the date bar. This is a different spange than the spange that started this thread.

Robert

Comment

Cast copy on the left, original Mayer on the right...

Robert
                          Attached Files

Comment

The spange in post #25 actually looks like a cast copy of a Mayer. Look at those casting seams! And the sloppy job on the lower portion of the date bar. This is a different spange than the spange that started this thread.

Robert
                            You're right. I won't notice it if you haven't mentioned the slopiness of the lower bar! Here's the piece I used to compare it to before, belonging to member D. v. Eberstein:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=mayer

(mine is on the left)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Take a look at this...

Particularly post #14.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=Mayer+zinc

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert p. View Post
                                take a look at this...

Particularly post #14.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=mayer+zinc

robert
                                I see a lot of similarities, except for the ones noted. They could be just finishing differences or different run of repros productions altogether. I still don't know at this point. Many thanks for pointing out the other thread. On George Stimson's L/18, the shoulders also have some seams left intact, although they are very hard to see with the silver finish on.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X