Iron Cross screwback L 55 cased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross screwback L 55 cased

That crossed my way last week. Nice one in my opinion....

Very, very nice condition!

Robert

Comment

Nice 'skinny B'

Comment

Nice at first glance , but then at closer look , it has strange unnatural seemingly chemical type blackening to edges and corners in spots ,yet frosted on the ribbing...usually when frosting is on ribbing the the edges of the cross outside the ribbing to the perimiter are consistently shiny or evenly have the same equal patina so, has the forsting been added or has it been fooled with?? I don't know what that is all about. Cannot fathom any viable reason for this anomally as normal acids from handling with human hands do not darken like that. In the manufacturing of indian jewelry in the southwest US they use a chemical to blacken silver that appears much the same as how this edge appears. Don't mean to rain on the parade. (does it have a noticible chemical smell of any type?)

Comment

juoneen,

They use liver of sulfur to darken silver, gives it a nice dark patina. I think the darkening you see on the cross' frame flange is simply from handling, IMO.

Robert

Comment

No smell at all, came like this from the vet`s familiy directly in my hand. So no one messed arround with it.
            KR
            Sascha

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              Don't mean to rain on the parade.
              You're very nice to be concerned.

Don't worry about it though -- your comments will be promptly ignored as no one takes them seriously anyway.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Very nice cross, i like it

Andy

Comment

A lovely cross, I am seeking an L55 for my collection

Nick

Comment

Here is my son's L55. It's on the front cover of George and Dietrich's EKI book...

Robert
                    Attached Files

Comment

L55 stamp...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wow thats a beauty !!

Comment

@ Schütze0815 & Robert : both crosses are stunning, my compliments and thanks for sharing.

Comment

I noticed that one on the front of their book. What a stunner.

The main cross is a lovely screw back. Not sure why anyone would bother to just darker corners

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X