No announcement yet.

L/13 Meybauer to view...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you like the cross Robert! You take much better photos than I do! I obviously have much to learn when it comes to that. It's nice to know the cross went to someone who can truly appreciate it. I always liked the effect that age had on the finish of that cross. It gives it so much character and also helps confirm it's age. That was one of my first '39 EK1's. I got it many years ago from the late Mike Pinkus. I'm not sure if you know the story about what happened to him but it's rather tragic. R.I.P. Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by ddbinks View Post
      I'm glad you like the cross Robert! You take much better photos than I do! I obviously have much to learn when it comes to that. It's nice to know the cross went to someone who can truly appreciate it. I always liked the effect that age had on the finish of that cross. It gives it so much character and also helps confirm it's age. That was one of my first '39 EK1's. I got it many years ago from the late Mike Pinkus. I'm not sure if you know the story about what happened to him but it's rather tragic. R.I.P. Mike.
      The PAB Mike Pinkus? No, I hadn't heard. God rest his soul.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
        The PAB Mike Pinkus? No, I hadn't heard. God rest his soul.

Robert
        Yes. Here's the TV news clip: http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx...8763&catid=339

Regards,
        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by ddbinks View Post
          Yes. Here's the TV news clip: http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx...8763&catid=339

Regards,
          Eric
          How tragic! I wonder the thieves/murderes stole?

Robert

Comment

juoneen,

I did some experimenting with the settings on my 5.0 megapixel Sony digital camera. I set the ISO to 100 (200 was too bright at my lowest light setting), set my apeture at the lowest light setting, got very close to my subject I was photographing and lightened the image just a little in photoshop. When I lightened it too much my frame beading detail began to 'wash' away. Here's what I came up with. Give me your opinion, please, and any advice you can think of...

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Now that the images are online I don't like them. I've lost some sharpness due to the ISO being too low, and the images are just too dark. I prefer my original images over these.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X