Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII Cross hatching

Hello All,

I`ve picked up an EKII with cross hatching in the corners.
    Does this mean it`s a Juncker made cross or did other makers crosses have this characteristic? If so, does anyone know which manufacturers they were??

Thanks in advance,
    Adrian.

Anyone.....................................???

Comment

Adrian,

You can't necessarily deduce its a Juncker from the cross hatching, the feature may have been unique to them on Knights Crosses, but not on EK2s, I have seen it on several which were clearly all from different makers.

Gordon

Comment

I have seen, and have photos of which I will try to post later, of crosshatching on crosses that are not Junker. I remember wondering the same thing though.

Seba
        Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

I have two EK 2s with cross-hatching on the inside corners of the rim. These crosses are not marked (well, I actually can't tell about the one because it's on a medal bar), but the cross-hatching matches, the numbers match AND the small ribbon ring is soldered to the center of the upper rim on a hump extending upward from the rim. Is this hump a characteristic of Juncker EK 2s?

George
          George

Comment

Hello George,

I don`t think this is a characteristic solely on Juncker made crosses. The cross in question does have the "hump", however I have another in my collection without cross hatching but the ring is attached to a "hump".
            If you have a look at Richard Gordons thread "Minters", which I belive is on page3 there are some pictures of crosses with this feature.

Best Regards,
            Adrian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X