Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have news !
    today morning the packet arrived from Germany and contained this set :
    a packet marked Paul Kuest - Berlin, ribbon, a cross brother of that one showed by Trevor, mine is unmarked on ring.
    Now, some considerations are needed and I write mine :
    - packet is something rare, cross is something very hard to find / quite rare or so, it 's fact.
    - how many possibilities someone put them together ? if both are so "rare" I
    would say very very but very low, this doesn't build a certainty but a strong indication. Conditions of cross and packet let me think they are compatible, packet and cross are surely early. Also I am trying to know if the set comes from the family.
    - this frame type, that IMO come from Kuest dies, can contain as we have seen in
    this thread 4 different dates, one of them well known because already seen in
    some Junckers. What means? I see a couple of possibilities.
    1 - that is a Kuest date, this maker stopped the EK production, Juncker bought
    their dies.
    2 - that is a Juncker date, they supplied the die or the entire core, in my opinion
    no because the 1813 date is common to another core (in this thread) that has
    nothing in common with known Junckers.
    My scenario could be not complete as the long flow type has dates in common with these cross.
    Attached Files

Comment

a close up of the manufacturer stamp.

wik, true you see them all together but these crosses, depends of type, are hard to find or more.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
        wik, true you see them all together but these crosses, depends of type, are hard to find or more.
        Fabri, my apologies, I didn't mean to say that these crosses are easy to find, just that when I first started collecting I never saw any in person or on the forums. I see a good amount posted here now however, in many cases the owner thinking he has struck Juncker gold! haha

These certainly are a more uncommon, very well constructed cross, regardless of maker, that much I think we can all agree on!

Oh and very nice example

Comment

What a catch Fabri !! Nice cross and a desirable packet . 2 of these packets got away on me last year going for 151 and 168 Euros .
          Have to dig my lug variant .

Douglas

Comment

Fabri!

This is potentially HUGE news. Of course we have to be careful: packets and crosses have been married by collectors before. But at least two makers have been determined successfully by finding multiple examples in marked Packets (86 and 127).

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
            Please take a look to your email, I have sent you a couple of messages because I have bought a rare set ...
            I didn't see an email, friend, and I have just checked again. It's possible something was lost when I was traveling recently and checking emails on my phone, which I am no good at. I would certainly not have overlooked news of this set.

So where did you find this set?

I think we must do some more work on this, of course, but I also think this is by far the best evidence we have yet for a maker of this cross. One further question remains the mark. If the cross is by Küst, what does the Z mean? For myself, I am quite sure this mark can not be a 2.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Wik, very gentle and don't need to ask apologies, I didn't use correct terms probably, then I agree with you.

thanks Douglas ! oh these packets are so rare that I have had problems to find another one to compare my one indeed.

Hi Trevor,
              I hope so and a great part of me think it's a correct set, will see, certainly it will be hard to find another set but we 'll wait for.
              I have found from a German dealer but I have to wait for next week to know if it comes from the family (not so important but just to know).
              I strongly believe it 's not a 2 on that ring, most probably a Z, but what means.. aff.. it's really unknown to me.

Comment

Fabri : At the moment can only find the one . Packet compares perfect .
                Not sure if it reads : Sehdelstr. or Seydelstr. ?

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks Douglas, a very very nice packet !
                  yes, Seydelstraße

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X