Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrived today

Hello,

<o =""></o><o ="">This arrived today and although it’s nothing special, I liked it so much I thought I’d show you all.

<o =""> I believe the case to be 100% original but have no idea about the card outer box (which I've had for a couple of weeks), so I’m open to comments.<o ="">

</o><o =""> I have a couple of questions:

<o ="">What does the 621 KB on the underside of the insert mean and would a 3<sup>rd</sup> Reich issue Imperial EK look out of place in it (I’m really a WWI collector) or is that something that just isn’t done?<o ="">

Thanks<o =""></o>
    <o ="">
    Tony<o =""></o>
    </o></o></o></o></o></o>

Attached Files
    Last edited by ynot; 09-04-2004, 09:03 AM.

2nd pic
    Attached Files

Comment

3rd pic
      Attached Files

Comment

4th pic
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ynot
          4th pic
          KB is the manufacturer. The other common one is DB. 621 is the code for the EK1. A RK is 628. This is a good case.

Comment

The cardbox looks deliberately bleached and deliberately damaged.
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

I am hesitant about the lining inside the case. It does not look worn or used at all. I don't have many cased EKIs and have never really examined cased before, but all the ones I have seen have some discoloration or fraying from use--except the ones in stone mint condition and while this one is in good shape, the wear to the outside of the case makes me think there should be some wear to the inside. Notice how the leather covering is cracked and worn at the hinge seam--repeated use right. So why is there no impression of an EK on the lining the top interior is clean and mint?
              Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

Recommendation

I highly recommend you black-light the carton. I am suspect of the thickness of the material used and the color of the inside.

MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Everett
                  I highly recommend you black-light the carton. I am suspect of the thickness of the material used and the color of the inside.

MIKE
                  I do not know anything about cartons, but I like the case. Of course he should black light the lining. But the inside base and outside look good.

Comment

Comparision

For your consideration; two original examples......

Comment

More pictures

Attached Files

Comment

Next

Comment

Final

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

The lining doesn't have much wear but does have discolouration which isn't clear in the photo.

I did a back light test on the carton and case lining last night and both passed.

The case smells the way something like that should do so I'm not worried about it but, would a 3 Reich issued Imperial EKI look out of place in it?

How thick should the carton be?

Tony

Comment

I see no problem with the case or the lining of the case whatsoever but I agree with Frank re. the distressing of the carton. A 1939 produced 1914 would look ok in his case although maybe an LDO marked case would be more appropriate.
                              Nice case anyway!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X