Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG opinions request

Hello everyone,

Opinions on this DKiG would be greatly valued. I think the hinge unit may have been re-attached at some point because ther appears to some tarnishing of the backplate around it. The bar is of very light-weight metal. The wreath is off-centre with the red enamel border beneath it but all the components are tight together.Front view looks distorted because it was resting at an angle on its bar when I took the pic.
    Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:35 AM.

Reverse

Comment

More

Comment

Side-on

Comment

The Date

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that by my opinion is not an original 134.

Sorry. Do you want to buy it or you have it ?

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I don't like this one, stay away.
              Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

I actually own this one, some time ago I sort of inherited some third reich related items because I had a small collection of my own. Incidentally I bent the end of the pin myself by accident but did not bend it back for fear of breaking it.I thought it might be OK as I compared it with others marked 134 on other threads and websites and there did not seem to much difference, if any. What should I look for on the cross as a clue. The pics I posted are not great but were the best I could do

Comment

Hi Harry,

these crosses are dangerous pieces, in apparence they look fine but if you look particularys you can see they are not same pieces.

First the maker is wrong , here is one as must to be
                  Attached Files

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

.....rivets look a bit as Zimmermann types but are a bit differents of Zimmermann types ( maker 20 )

here are 2 originals
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by IVAN; 09-04-2004, 03:15 AM.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

...... plate under the svastika must be more little then the space inside, number 1941 is not good done and svastika is too big.

I think dimentions of your cross is nearly 62 mm, and it's wrong.

Take a look in this site at section "Crosses" , there are nearly all informations you need.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Interesting fake. Out of curiosity, does this cross have any flaws on the sunburst or wreath? This one looks different than the fake that Detlev Neimann had posted about six months ago. Ivan, have you seen a fake Klein over 63mm in diameter? Thanks

Comment

I could not detect any flaws on the wreath or sunburst. The sunburst appears to have slight copper-tone highlights especially twords tips but fading inwards twords wreath. I do not have a micrometer for exact measurements.

Originally posted by tom hansen
                          Interesting fake. Out of curiosity, does this cross have any flaws on the sunburst or wreath? This one looks different than the fake that Detlev Neimann had posted about six months ago. Ivan, have you seen a fake Klein over 63mm in diameter? Thanks

Comment

Thanks for checking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X