Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new trifold ribbon EK2!

Hello all,
    Well this is my first 3rd Reich EK2 with a trifold ribbon,I have had a few Imperial jobs but no '39 examples!

Regards

Dave
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Look very nice! I wonder if this way of wearing the ribbon does mean anything special? I have had an idea that Austrian holders of medals usually triangle folded their ribbon. Is that right?<O</O

<O</O

Thanks

Comment

Yup, Austrian style, so most probably an Austrian holder! Not seen very often in WW2, nice EK!

Regards
        Chris

Comment

very nice example Dave-B

Comment

Thanks all for the great comments!

What I have always wondered is how were these trifold ribbons attached to the uniform?.....sewn on,safety pin or were they never meant to be on a uniform???

Regards

Dave

Comment

Beautiful trifold Regards Chris

Comment

Very nice trifold, I have never had a 1939 EKII with this type of set-up before. Great job
                Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                All the best,
                Chris

Comment

I understand that they were attached to a uniform for wear by means of a cord passing through the top foldover.

(That's a nice one. I saw one at the recent OMSA convention, but the vendor had some fakes in his cases so I passed.)
                  George

Comment

How are these tri-fold ribbons cronstructed, this one is obviously a custom-job judging from the hook and eyelet set up. Is this typical for trifolds of the 1939 type. I have seen much sloppier jobs on 1914 trifolds.
                    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                    All the best,
                    Chris

Comment

I will take some pics of it open tomorrow,I'm not sure how it is constructed!

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X