oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

particular major awards and where did they go..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is (or was) a Tennessee state military museum in Nashville. While its bookkeeping may have improved in the last decade, back in the 80's there were dozens and dozens of stories of vet donations that regularly went "missing."

I determined a long time ago that the valuable books that I've collected should be sold upon my death and the money given to the libraries I like. There's just too much chance of things "going missing" once accepted by a library or museum and a thief (volunteer, "bent" curator, whatever) winding up with some or all of the rare books I have collected...

Jim

Comment

Great pictures, Thanks for share it with us.

Comment

It seems the Admiral had more than one baton and the styles are different, this site offers photo proof. Take a look as we all scratch our heads.

Here is one for sale . . . you must scroll down after you click on orders and awards

http://www.hermann-historica-ohg.de/gb.html

Comment

I once had the nieve notion that I would donate a few of my prized collectables to a museum before I pass to the other side, take the dirt nap, or what ever. I have since realized that the stuff is subject to museum muckity mucks and they could sell or trade it off. The only option I would do for a museum is to loan it in a family members name. Personally not having any kids to change my diaper when I get that old, I will sell the stuff off to hire a young nurse
          DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by mott5ranch
            It seems the Admiral had more than one baton and the styles are different, this site offers photo proof. Take a look as we all scratch our heads.

Here is one for sale . . . you must scroll down after you click on orders and awards

http://www.hermann-historica-ohg.de/gb.html
            The one on offer here is the telescopic Interimstab as opposed to the formal baton. Here is Dönitz holding it.
            Last edited by Gordon Williamson; 08-30-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X