DK with LDO stamp L/52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ivan,

Nice to talk DKs again I know those marks esp. the 11 o.clock blob on the grey star, and look for it in good pieces. At the moment I only have one "20" and a "134" both have that feature; also the irregularities in the leafes and the dimple in the nine.

So, the wreath, the grey star, the hardware are all typical for a "20" light or heavy. The only deviation from the norm is the "L/52".

If it's a post war put-together, why the consistancy of early components. If it's an early original why "L/52" when the majority is stamped "20". Again who was the actual maker of those crosses, do we know it? If it was Zimmermann as we seem to assume it, than why not stamp some of the crosses "L/52" if they were meant to be sold to recepients on the market. After all we have "L/52" markings on EKs.

Now the "Gretchenfrage" would I buy it? Sure, but only if it came in a 100% attributed grouping

Best regards,
    Albert
    Last edited by Albert; 08-31-2004, 04:07 PM.

Comment

The quality of construction is too good to be a put together piece. Look at the post war S&L crosses assembled from war time parts. They look like crap. This cross looks to be well constructed and with heavy zimmerman parts. I would buy a piece like this based simple on the appearance of its parts and the fact the quality of construction is quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
        The quality of construction is too good to be a put together piece. Look at the post war S&L crosses assembled from war time parts. They look like crap. This cross looks to be well constructed and with heavy zimmerman parts. I would buy a piece like this based simple on the appearance of its parts and the fact the quality of construction is quite good.
        Yes, I don't think is assembled and I agree, quality is quite good.

What is interesting in this cross is the weight, it's perfect. In assembled fakes or simple fakes is not impossible but very, very difficult to arrive near to a right weight for a such decoration with so many parts.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Guys, nobody suggested the cross was a post 1945 put-together. The question / statement was a rethorical one.

As I said before, it has all the finger prints of an early Zimmerman. Could be a production lot for retailers.

However, I should point out that when I said I would not buy one unless it came as part of a grouping, I was expressing my collecting preference, nothing more, nothing less. Sorry, if that came across as judgement of authenticity. But then again, and knowing myself, if it was bargain priced I would buy it anyway

Comment

Hello,

at the show in Gunzenhausen I have the expertise for the DK with stamp L/52 get.
            Detlev Niemann has certified the piece his genuineness to my delight.
            Pictures of the expertise will follow.

Best regards,

Michael

Comment

Hi,

Pictures for Michael:
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Just 2200 Euros for such a rare piece -- with Etui? Wow!
                    George

Comment

Hello everyone

yes, it is a relatively "low" price assessment for such a rare piece.

Detlev Niemann makes apparently no so tall distinguished at the Dk variants.

It identically was all about for me skin neuterly to clear "real" or "copy ".

Such a piece could this one do good now a DK or variant collector, would want to pay a higher price surely.

Greet Michael

Comment

put for discussion deeply

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X