Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trifold EK2

Hi everyone,

I would like to hear your opinion on this trifold EK2. Due to the 12'o clock flaw I belive this is a Otto Schickle, I'm I correct ?

Thanks,
    Alex
    Attached Files

nice schickle

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I am new to collecting, what flaw at 12 o'clock are you referring too?

Comment

cross is ok, but I 'm not sure the ribbon in Austrian style is contemporary..

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
            cross is ok, but I 'm not sure the ribbon in Austrian style is contemporary..
            Good question if the ribbon is contemporary... IMO the trifold style with medals from the '33-'45 time period are a post war thing anyway. Mainly an Austrian vets thing. I have not seen a comtempory picture showing the wear of a trifold ek.
            As for this ribbon in particular, in glows very lightly under UV. By far not as much as a modern copy ribbon. Maybe this would suggest an early post war ribbon made for vets in the trifold style ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pnypwr View Post
              Nice! I am new to collecting, what flaw at 12 o'clock are you referring too?
              Look at the 12'o clock right part of the frame. There is a flaw that is typical for alot of Schickle ek2 crosses.

Comment

Devise does not seems like periodical. Did you buy it on Phillipe militaria or how it is written? I saw similiar there once.

Comment

Similar device on a veterans association medal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

12 o'clock flaw.... what kind of flaw is this ? Here is mine .

Douglas
                    Attached Files

Comment

To illustrate it better I marked the flaw. The majority of the Schickle crosses have this flaw.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie View Post
                        Devise does not seems like periodical. Did you buy it on Phillipe militaria or how it is written? I saw similiar there once.

No, it's not from Philipp Militaria. As for the ribbon....like mentioned above, I belive the whole trifold style of third reich awards is a post war veteran thing. After 1938 there was no basis to mount awards in the traditional austrian style. After 1945 Austria went it's own way and many vets mounted their third reich awards in the old tradition.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X