Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Spange The Real Deal or Not ?

Hi all
    just need some opions on this one the 1 looks rather fat that the other example in the iron cross bookwhat do you guys think ?

thanx
    Peter

No problems!
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank........... hey that rhymes

Originally posted by Frank H
      No problems!

Comment

I'll second Frank's assessment.
        Don
        pseudo-expert

Comment

I know where it came from and I guarantee it's 100% right as rain!

Comment

Hey Guys,

I've got one just like it, but it's so tight to the ribbon, I can't check for a maker. I don't want to mess with it, any idea of a maker?? I've heard these called chicken heads.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
              where did it come from ?

Originally posted by Mr. Blades
              I know where it came from and I guarantee it's 100% right as rain!

Comment

I bought mine from a guy in Maryland some time ago. His Dad served in the Remegan area and picked it off a prisoner. Mine is only ribbon mounted, no cross.

Comment

Hagar,

Was that you who was the high bidder on the ebay spange? If so I know you'll like the piece. Paul backs his items with a 100% guarantee and as I said before I'll guarantee it's good. I used to own that piece. Congratulations!

Comment

Mr. Blades,

Do you know who made that piece??

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
                      Mr. Blades,

Hi Jim.........When I first got this piece I was tempted to take it off the ribbon.
                      Upon doing so I checked it over but could't find any maker mark on the back so I carefully put it back around the ribbon. I first thought it was a fake as I heard that only originals had a maker mark. But sources more knowledgable than I said most were unmarked. I don't know if this is true or not but I know the piece I owned was good. Hope this helps. (RICK)

Comment

Nice looking spange, Peter. If Frank H. has no problems, then it has no problems.
                        Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

Comment

Rick,

Whew... That's good to know. I was never sure. Mine is absolutely identical to this one right down to about the same amount of wear. I won't try to remove it. I wish it was on a cross though, would look nice.

Comment

Hi Rick,

yes that was me that won it, I firstly have to thank you all for your help
                            without the support I would not have gone foe this piece
                            I don't know if the price was as cheap as I hoped but I have been looking for a while now and now I have one, a good one

Jim I noticed the clasp is rapped around the ribbon and not through the holes in ribbon was this how you had it ? as I have not received it yet

does Paul sell medals often?

regards
                            Peter

Sorry Jim I wanted to ask Mr Blade but thankyou for the info .

Originally posted by Panzerman
                            Mr. Blades,

Last edited by Hagar; 09-02-2004, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Peter,

Never had dealings with Paul, so I don't know. I was actually going to bid on that piece, when something else came up. I like it, but I also already have the one. No, mine is not on the medal, just the ribbon, and the prongs are through the ribbon. Whoever mounted mine did it right, because it is still very tight. I have had it awhile. I believe I paid $150.00 for mine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X