• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another one.
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

Hi,
      I know Secter from the MilitariaFundforum and we´re wondering about this EK.
      The pin system and the core seem to be from S&L.
      The 4 in the maker-mark is centrally located on the pin; the 2 is at the left of the 4 and decentralizes the maker-mark. And there is the irregularity in the maker-mark. The 2 is weakly stamped and in the box is a difference in colour.
      Think about the possibility, that the stamp maybe had been changed.

And have a look on this piece .....
      http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/th...376#post146376

Regards, -Erich-

and please excuse my poor english ....

Comment

I wounder do it have the normal S/L flaws on the left arm rim?.

Mikael

Comment

It has some flaws at the 12 o´clock arm

Comment

Attached Files
            Last edited by StefanK.; 12-14-2005, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK.
              interesting discussion. its a pity that i haven't seen this thread before.

i was lucky to buy this ek1 marked "24" from Alex K. after closer inspection it was clear that this ek was manufactured neither by maker "24" nor by S&L.

there was one thing that reminded me of one of my favourite EK manufacurers "fritz zimmermann" - the very wide and beautiful ribbed part of the frame.

the following pictures are not that good but i think everyone can see the similarities. i have no doubt that this cross was made by fritz zimmermann because there is NO manufacturer that has a similar wide "ribbed part of the frame"

but why is this cross marked "24" ?

from the manufacturer deumer we know that it was usual that there was a lack of clearity at the beginning when the LDO was introduced. that's why deumer marked some of his early EK with "11" instead of "L/11"
              the same might has happened with EKs from zimmermann. zimmermann officially used the LDO number "L/24" so i believe he "forgot" to mark his crosses with "L/" und marked some of them with "24" unless he started to mark his crosses with "6".

stefan k.
              Dear Stefan,

Indeed, this is very interesting theory. Jeez, every day there is something new to learn here… <o =""></o>

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X