Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold

Hi Guys,

Today I received my very first DKiG, its a lightweight Zimmerman (20). I promptly went through every dealer's site I know comparing other light version samples.

What I noticed was that the 20 and 134 (Klein) lightweight crosses appear to absolutely identical- I couldn't see a difference at all apart from the maker mark. Was this different makers sharing the same parts?
    If this has been discussed before then I'm afraid I missed it but the rivits and recessed hinge and catch appear to be identical between both makers.
    Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Patrick

One distinctive feature is the Klein rivets are thinner and more fine than the zimmermans, which are "fatter" and raised.

Comment

is that true on all Kleins or just most ?
      If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W
        Hi Guys,

Today I received my very first DKiG, its a lightweight Zimmerman (20). I promptly went through every dealer's site I know comparing other light version samples.

What I noticed was that the 20 and 134 (Klein) lightweight crosses appear to absolutely identical- I couldn't see a difference at all apart from the maker mark. Was this different makers sharing the same parts?
        If this has been discussed before then I'm afraid I missed it but the rivits and recessed hinge and catch appear to be identical between both makers.
        Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
        Patrick
        you are right, Patrick ! and not many collectors note this.

In fact are nearly identicals, only rivets, as said Tom, change.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

The wreath stampings are identical, just look at the date. But the wreath fnish is different. More matte on the "20"s and more firegilted on the "134"s.

Thoughts?

Yuri

Comment

photos

Hello all,

Can any of you post photos of the big differences in the two makers?

Bill
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri Desyatnik
              The wreath stampings are identical, just look at the date. But the wreath fnish is different. More matte on the "20"s and more firegilted on the "134"s.

Thoughts?

Yuri
              Yes, I agree...and not only wreath finish but reverse patina type too, in fact after 60 years we can see different chimical reactions, each of them typical.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I thought Klein and Zimmerman DKiG also differ at the date area or is that not valid for the light versions?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X