Totenkopf

Totenkopf
    Attached Files

Comment

Pokal

Pokal
      Attached Files

Comment

Update and colourised photo of DKiG trager Major Adolf Mugge.
        Adolf Mugge was born 01.16.1907,He was awarded the German cross in Gold 08.11.1943, / Major, Kommandeur. I./. Gren. Rgt. 590 .Major Mugge was entered into the Honour roll and awarded the clasp 27.071944.11./Gren.Rgt 105.He was killed 28.9.1944, buried in field E III 6 Wehl cemetery Hameln(Hamelin).

Comment

DKiG formal award document to Korvettenkapitän Werner Hartenstein
          Kommandant Torpedoboot "Jaguar", 6. Torpedobootsflottille
          Presented on: February 2nd, 1942

Source: http://www.german-uboats.com/item33.htm
          Attached Files

Comment

DKiG awarded to Oberleutnant (Ing.) d.R. Ulrich Gabler
            Leitender Ingenieur des U-Bootes "U 564", 1. Unterseebootsflottille
            Awarded on: October 15th, 1942

This grouping is currently displayed at the Deutsches U-Boot Museum, in Cuxhaven (Germany).
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
              DKiG awarded to Oberleutnant Alfred Siebert
              Flugzeugführer 9.(Eis) / Kampfgeschwader 1
              Awarded the DKiG: December 2nd, 1942

The medals and urkunde are displayed at the Deutsches Technikmuseum (Germany).
              Zoom on document and medals, including the German Cross in Gold.

All the other awards appeared to have been denazified during the postwar.
              Attached Files

Comment

Zerstörergeschwader 1

my new honour goblet estate

German Cross holder Martin Heinze 28th April 1943

Zerstörergeschwader 1
                Attached Files

Comment

German Cross in Gold awarded to Walter Tappert. Hauptman d. R.. II./I.R. 465. I.R. 465 was part of Inf. Div. 465, know as the "greed dot" division, took part in the drive on Moscow. This set was given to me by his son, Joachim Tappert. I worked with Joachim at Wagner Foerdertechnik in Reutlingen during the 1980's in the engineering mechanical design department. He was also in the war as a Sturmgeschuetz commander, was captured by the Russians and spent 5 years in Soviet captivity after the war. He told me countless stories about the war and his time in captivity. He brought the Soldbuch and medals to show me at work. Later, after he retired, he left a message for me to please visit him, which I did, and he gave me these items. He had no one to leave them to and told me I was the only one, although an American, who had ever expressed interest in them. He said if they found them in his stuff after he died, they would just brandish him as being an old Nazi, and he didn't want that to happen.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tgn; 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

3/4
                    Attached Files

Comment

5/6
                      Attached Files

Comment

7/8
                        Attached Files

Comment

9/10
                          Attached Files

Comment

very interesting story: your ex-colleague's father was a commander of company chef and, your ex-colleague was a commander of sturmgeschutz unit.
                            can you see he was wearing DK in the foto attached in his Soldbuch? thanks for sharing with us!
                            Last edited by PanzerElite; 10-13-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerElite View Post
                              very interesting story: your ex-colleague's father was a commander of company chef and, your ex-colleague was a commander of sturmgeschutz unit.
                              can you see he was wearing DK in the foto attached in his Soldbuch? thanks for sharing with us!
                              No, I think Joachim was just a commander of one vehicle, not a whole unit. He gave me his medals too, BTW. Wound badge in black, EK2 and EK1, plus a Russian Front medal, which he said would have to suffice for both his and his father's, since he only had one.

There was a beautiful studio photo of his father wearing all his medals, but I didn't get that. He also had a killer photo album from his father for his service in both WW1 and WW2. He said he would send that to me later, but I lost contact with him.

Comment

A cased Deschler maker marked "1" with award document.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X