No announcement yet.

Knight Crosses today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ludwig - If I correctly understood your mentions of this cross a few years ago, it's a 935-4, with provenance, awarded in September, 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
      Gefreiter Arnold Reinhardt, GR 166

Comment

Nice 935 & 4

Comment

RK formal award document to Major Paul Dowerk
          Chef 5./InfRgt 215
          Presented on: January 15th, 1942.

This photos come from an incredible footage of the British Pathé in 1961, during an auction of Third Reich Items in England.

Most likely Dowerk's mappe was stolen by a British Soldier after 1945.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
            Ludwig - If I correctly understood your mentions of this cross a few years ago, it's a 935-4, with provenance, awarded in September, 1943.

Well, if I remember correctly, this cross couldn´t have been awarded by then, so perhaps Reinhardt lost his first cross and then got this as a replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
              RK formal award document to Major Paul Dowerk
              Chef 5./InfRgt 215
              Presented on: January 15th, 1942.

This photos come from an incredible footage of the British Pathé in 1961, during an auction of Third Reich Items in England.

Most likely Dowerk's mappe was stolen by a British Soldier after 1945.
              I just viewed the film...it's pretty neat ! Tom

Comment

Stolen by a French Soldier ? Dowerk was born in the "Saarland" french border.

Comment

For how much was the KC document sold at the auction in 1961?

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
                    For how much was the KC document sold at the auction in 1961?
                    In the 60's an RK doc. sold for about $1,500.00 or so. depending on who it was awarded to.

Comment

RK preliminary award document to SS-Obersturmbannführer August Dieckmann
                      SS-Sturmbannführer (Major)
                      Unit: Komandeur I. / SS-Regiment (motorisiert) "Germania" / 100. leichte Infanterie-Division / III. Panzer-Korps / 1.Panzer-Armee / Heeresgruppe Süd
                      Presented on: April 23rd, 1942

(Photo credits to Hermann-Historica)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sepp45; 05-14-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        In the 60's an RK doc. sold for about $1,500.00 or so. depending on who it was awarded to.
                        That's an interesting figure when you consider the following:

"On 18 July 1964, a German Armed Forces Heeresflieger installation in Rotenburg (Wümme) (Lower Saxony) was renamed the Lent Barracks, or Lent-Kaserne, in his honour.[69] A number of Helmut Lent's awards were auctioned at Sotheby's, London, on 18 July 1966. The items were bought in one lot by an anonymous bidder for the total sum of £500. The purchaser was Adolf Galland, the former General der Jagdflieger, acting on behalf of the Federal German Ministry of Defence. The awards were sold by Helmut Lent's elder daughter Christina after consultation with her mother, Lena, who was in urgent need for money to pay for an operation. The Federal Ministry of Defence presented the collection to the Museum of Defence History (Wehrgeschichtliches Museum) in Rastatt, Germany.[70]"

One of the awards was Lent's Oakleaves & Swords with Diamonds. Here is a photo from the Bowen book of the items sold (with credit by him to Sotheby's). I cannot personally vouch for the accuracy of the figure stated, but I have heard this same figure for many years without contradiction.
                        Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Leroy;6425984]That's an interesting figure when you consider the following:

"On 18 July 1964, a German Armed Forces Heeresflieger installation in Rotenburg (Wümme) (Lower Saxony) was renamed the Lent Barracks, or Lent-Kaserne, in his honour.[69] A number of Helmut Lent's awards were auctioned at Sotheby's, London, on 18 July 1966. The items were bought in one lot by an anonymous bidder for the total sum of £500. The purchaser was Adolf Galland, the former General der Jagdflieger, acting on behalf of the Federal German Ministry of Defence. The awards were sold by Helmut Lent's elder daughter Christina after consultation with her mother, Lena, who was in urgent need for money to pay for an operation. The Federal Ministry of Defence presented the collection to the Museum of Defence History (Wehrgeschichtliches Museum) in Rastatt, Germany.[70]"

One of the awards was Lent's Oakleaves & Swords with Diamonds. Here is a photo from the Bowen book of the items sold (with credit by him to Sotheby's). I cannot personally vouch for the accuracy of the figure stated, but I have heard this same figure for many years without contradiction.[/Q
                          Yes I remember this sale and yes that was the sold for amount. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                            One of the awards was Lent's Oakleaves & Swords with Diamonds. Here is a photo from the Bowen book of the items sold (with credit by him to Sotheby's). I cannot personally vouch for the accuracy of the figure stated, but I have heard this same figure for many years without contradiction.
                            Great photo Leroy, thanks for adding it here.

I don't see Lent's KC, so I'm going to post the one attributed on the book from Adrian Forman.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                              Leutnant Friedrich Rumpelhardt
                              Bordfunker IV. / Nachtjagdgeschwader 1
                              Awarded on: July 27th, 1944.
                              This scan was made by WAF member EJ Bakker and posted on the HWMF. The original pictures come from the book "Nachtspook van Sint-Truiden", by Wim Govaerts.
                              Attached Files

Comment

RK with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds awarded to Major Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer
                                Staffelführer 12. / Nachtjagergeschwader 1
                                Awarded on: December 31st, 1943 - Oak Leaves: June 24th, 1944 - Swords: July 30th, 1944 - Diamonds: October 16th, 1944

This scan made by WAF member EJ Bakker and posted on the HWMF. The original pictures come from the book "Nachtspook van Sint-Truiden", by Wim Govaerts.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X