Knight Crosses today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
    These medals were presented during the funeral of Feldwebel Karl Selinger, who got the KC on December 12th, 1944.

I'm sure that Ritterkreuz is postwar, right?

He died in 2011.

Impossible to tell from this picture!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
      Impossible to tell from this picture!!!
      I guess the searching game begins then

Comment

RK awarded to Oberleutnant Erich Weißflog
        Nachrichten Offizier/Bordfunker, Nachtjagdgeschwader 1, Luftwaffe
        Awarded the Ritterkreuz: June 24th, 1944

(Credits to Virtual-Grenadier: http://virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=1981)
        Attached Files

Comment

Front and back of his KC.

(Credits to Virtual-Grenadier)
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally, Weißflog's preliminary award document.

(Credits to Virtual-Grenadier)
            Attached Files

Comment

This is not a picture of a KC, but of an historical attributed grouping (and rare photo).

I have already shown here the Knights Cross awarded to Erwin Rommel (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&postcount=262), so this picture will show his other important award, his Pour Le Merite.

This photo I came across is from a display made in 1959, of several items that once belonged to the "Desert Fox". The Afrika Korps tunic is now at the Münster Museum.
              Attached Files

Comment

Zoom on the cased PLM
                Attached Files

Comment

The Afrika Korps tunic is now at the Münster Museum.
                  You mean the musuem at Munster, not Münster (2 diff. towns).
                  However, the tunic they have on display is not the one shown in your great pics:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                    However, the tunic they have on display is not the one shown in your great pics:
                    Thanks for the correction and info about the tunic

Comment

Thanks for the correction and info about the tunic
                      You´re welcome. Its interesting that the tunic still on display at Munster is most propably not one of Rommels - the musuem itself has a new board next to it, explaning differences to tunics worn on period pics.

So the tunic shown in the 1959 pics has a bigger change to be "the real deal" ;-)

Comment

You´re welcome. Its interesting that the tunic still on display at Munster is most propably not one of Rommels - the musuem itself has a new board next to it, explaning differences to tunics worn on period pics.

So the tunic shown in the 1959 pics has a bigger change to be "the real deal" ;-)
                        I had heard that the Rommel family had given on "loan" some of the FM"s items. Is this not true ?? Tom

Comment

RK formal award document to Oberleutnant Eugen-Heinrich Bleyer
                          Kommandeur Infanterie-Regiment 379 / 169.Infanterie-Division
                          Presented on: December 14th, 1941
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think a friend of mine use to own this doc. Nice to see ! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                              I think a friend of mine use to own this doc. Nice to see ! Tom
                              Hi my friend, I don't have the name of the owner, but on that same page I found the photos of this wonderful case with the initials of Bleyer on it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The tunic shown on the 59' pic is currently displayed at the Herrlingen Museum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X