Prinzen Deumer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prinzen Deumer

After a long search I finally got lucky. The harder to find Prinzen Deumer with four prongs and it was attached to a WWI EKII. Now all I need to complete my Prinzen family is a S&L two prong. Jim
    Attached Files

Cross

Attached to the EK.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice one on a very early WWI Godet EK2.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Indeed, a great addition to your collection and the bonus of a first rate EK.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Congrats Jim Good luck with your S&L quest

Nick

Comment

That's a great set isn't it.

Comment

Very nice Godet's EK, but I am not comfortable at all with that spangen, there are few things that I don't like,
              first it is not crisp enough, here is picture of my two prong Deumer prinzen to compare, should be from the same die,
              second I see some defects - metal higher than surface of a badge - die struck badge wouldn't have raised areas like that and I see pits on date.

Also I don't like the way that dirt got build up there - looks like it was rubbed in, probably to hide more defects, and if you look clasp is very dirty while ribbon is clean.

an other thing I don't like is those prongs, they have no silver finish on them at all, even zinc badges with all finish gone will have prongs with silver finish on, because the metal they made of - holds plating very well.

So I think it is very possible that spange is cast from original, try to wash off that dirt and show some closeups of those areas with defects.
              Attached Files

Comment

Found an other spot that looks like a casting flaw, ...some extra metal there.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
                  So I think it is very possible that spange is cast from original, try to wash off that dirt and show some closeups of those areas with defects.
                  I have to agree.
                  It does indeed look strange in some places.

/Flemming

Comment

any chance of a careful look at how the prongs are attached?
                    regards
                    jon

Comment

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
                      Very nice Godet's EK, but I am not comfortable at all with that spangen, there are few things that I don't like,
                      first it is not crisp enough, here is picture of my two prong Deumer prinzen to compare, should be from the same die,
                      second I see some defects - metal higher than surface of a badge - die struck badge wouldn't have raised areas like that and I see pits on date.

Also I don't like the way that dirt got build up there - looks like it was rubbed in, probably to hide more defects, and if you look clasp is very dirty while ribbon is clean.

an other thing I don't like is those prongs, they have no silver finish on them at all, even zinc badges with all finish gone will have prongs with silver finish on, because the metal they made of - holds plating very well.

I have to agree that the spangen is a low level fake.I had one just like this years ago and gave it away as a fake.I showed the spange to alot of collectors at the 3rd MAX show and everyone even Floch said it was a cheap fake jmo.Too many red flags for me to have a piece like this in my collection.The IC is very nice.

Dennis J

Comment

Spange

Unfortunately for me I have to agree with the comments concerning this spange. I have removed it from the cross and measured it and took more pictures. On the back is a stamp and it is a cross. When I first got it I looked at the sides and there are no seam marks that we normally see on fakes. Cleaned the cross and there is the tell tale dark marks that are often seen on fakes.

Measurements

Height: 23.54mm
                        Width: 23.42mm

The cross is nice and is stamped with "G".

Thanks to everyone for their comments, especially Alikn for pointing out the problems.

Jim
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are the measurements my prinzen:

Height: 24.81 mm
                          Width: 24.59mm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X