No announcement yet.

My first EK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say I'm just thrilled at how helpful and forthright everyone is on this forum. It is obviously tight-knit, and a premium is put on integrity and promotion of the hobby as a whole. It is so refreshing. I feel I have a haven from the sometimes frustrating experiences of trying to get info about authenticity, etc. from the same people that are trying to sell you something!! (Dubious at best, fraudulent at worst!)

I found the forum by searching the web for research on the things in my collection, and just stumbled on it. Now I am an association member, and plan on spending lots of very rewarding time here. Thanks for all your help and encouragement. I am 35 (36 on Monday) and I have had some of my stuff since I was yery young.

I plan on posting a picture of my small collection on the "collections" forum, and look forward to expanding it, the estand is clearly a trustworthy place to browse, and the deals are uninflated, and trades are great!

I have already benefited from knowledge picked up here at a recent show, and just can't believe how difficult and financially dangerous this hobby would be without such a support group to bounce prospective purchases and questions off of.

Panzerman, I will pm you about the packet. That would be a great enhancement to the inaugural cross!

Thanks, (and I look forward to someday helping someone else)

Jeff

Comment

hi jeff,

congrats on the ek2! and... welcome to the addiction

Comment

Hi Jeff

Well now you have made the first step. And that 27 looks nice as a start. And i think its rare to . And yes this is a addiction, got one soon need another.
        I hope you have a nice Wife or Girl freind that can take that you sitting 14 houers searching for a maker off an EK .
        Any way WELCOME

Mikael

Comment

Thanks, Mikael (and all others who welcomed me)!

You don't know the half of it. My wife of 8 years really does, I think, suspect I'm suffering from some sort of mental defect.

Oh, well. I'm persistent. Someday she'll understand. At least I've stopped bringing home stray army trucks for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by ditch68
            Thanks, Mikael (and all others who welcomed me)!

You don't know the half of it. My wife of 8 years really does, I think, suspect I'm suffering from some sort of mental defect.

Oh, well. I'm persistent. Someday she'll understand. At least I've stopped bringing home stray army trucks for the time being.
            Welcome to the asylum...I mean forum . This is certainly a fun place to be. Just keep telling your wife what a good investment collecting can be...and start intercepting the postman BEFORE he delivers the mail. Wives tend to get rather suspicious when lots of those little brown padded envelopes show up
            Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
            All the best,
            Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X