EK2 Clasp. Early Junker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Clasp. Early Junker?

I am considering to bay this piece, but I don' t think it is the typical early type Junker.

What do you experts think?
    I found it on a dealers website. Hope he doesn't mind me putting the pictures up here.

Will tell who the dealer is, when I some answers

Best regards

Flemming

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

No comment on this piece.
      Is it a early one, or does it just look like it is having curved date bar?

Comment

Have I done something wrong here

Not a single reply on this one!!!
        I am considering buying this piece, but would really like to know if it is a early piece. I have one Early Juncker with curved date bar. The date bar on this piece in question does not look as curved as the one I have. But does it not look a little curved

Best regards, and have a nice weekend

Flemming

Comment

The date bar does look curved to me.

Here's a thread on the early Juncker Spange, for comparison purposes: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...juncker+spange
          George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
            The date bar does look curved to me.

Here's a thread on the early Juncker Spange, for comparison purposes: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...juncker+spange
            What do you think, is it an original piece?

As I mentioned earlier, I have an early Juncker, but do not think that they are a perfect match? The Date bar and the claws.
            But I am not an expert. And I think that there are something on the wings that do not match.

Should I go for it, or wait for another and better piece?

Comment

It could be a variation of the early type. But if you have any doubt about it, don't get it.
              George

Comment

Flemming,
                Grab it!!!!

It is 100% spot on and it is an early one with a slightly curved date bar.
                I have one identical and you won't regret spending the money on this one.
                Trust me.

Regards,
                Brett

Comment

I agree with Brett, except that I DON'T think you should but it.

This is SUCH a beautifully made and designed piece - as you know - and I personally don't get ANY joy from looking at the piece you posted. Compare these.......

One thing I do notice as a point of interest, is the 'short veins' to the wings of the one you posted.....

.....however I've seen this before, and in fact posted another one with these 'short veins' here 1st Pattern Spange EK2 thoughts??..... ,...and it was OK'd by both FrankH and Gordon W.

I'm not sure, but I've been told it has something to do with the material it is made from. Tombak, Zinc, etc......

So therefore, IMO, it is a (Juncker), it's just the very worn condition that rules it out for me. Unless you are hoarding these, I would wait for a better one. These are SO well made and designed, (as you know) you just wont get the satisfaction from all that wear...

And they DO crop up.......Detlev had TWO in one update about 4 months ago, and in MILES better condition. Kai Winkler also periodically has them. They are out there.

Just my 2.......

Marshall
                  Attached Files

Comment

Biro,
                    The two you posted are from different dies!!!!

Look at all the differences, short wing tips, numeral 3, veins shorter on the wings, etc. etc.

The one Flemming posted is a good, early Spange in good condition.

Cheers,
                    Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon
                      The one Flemming posted is a good, early Spange in good condition.

Cheers,
                      Brett
                      Hi Brett...

So, you mean Flemmings is not Juncker, or mine is debatable..?

cheers...

Marshall

Comment

Hi Marshall,
                        I'm not sure on the maker of Flemmings (or mine!). The one I have is on the original piece of ribbon and I've never taken it off to see if it has any maker marks on it.
                        I believe yours is spot on as well, just made by a different maker.

All the best,
                        Brett

Comment

Hi every body.
                          Thanks for the input!
                          I just took a chance, and ordered the piece.

It was on sale at Helmut Weitze, so I hope it is a good deal. I like those little birds, and especially (perhaps) the early ones

Comment

Flemming,

You did good

It is a nice early one with the blunt ended brass prongs and slightly curved date bar. You won't regret it.
                            Over the years I have sold off a lot of my collection but this spange is one of the things I have hung onto in all that time.
                            Please let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

Regards,
                            Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon
                              Flemming,

You did good

It is a nice early one with the blunt ended brass prongs and slightly curved date bar. You won't regret it.
                              Over the years I have sold off a lot of my collection but this spange is one of the things I have hung onto in all that time.
                              Please let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

Regards,
                              Brett
                              Recieved it today, and what a beauty.
                              I think it looks a "little" like my early Juncker.
                              Will get it photographed the next weekend. I don't have Digital Camera on my own...yet!
                              (I am considering buying the new Canon G6 when it is available. )

But the the spange does indeed have slightly curved bar ends, and it looks better in real then on the pictures

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X