Cloth DKiG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth DKiG

On same Military Fair I bought this cloth DKiG.

Is a strange DKiG, not showed on Dietrich Maerz book, but the construction is credible.

Unknown variant or very good fake ??

Any impression or opinion is welcome, thanks

Regards

My friend, I have to say I don't like it. I have handled some month ago a similar DKiG in cloth version, and IMO this is a fake. Good fake, but fake.
    I hope to be wrong.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for reply.

Regards

Comment

The swastika – this, during the Third Reich, very important symbol! – looks quite sloppy made.
        IMO not an original badge!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
          The swastika – this, during the Third Reich, very important symbol! – looks quite sloppy made.
          IMO not an original badge!
          Thanks you too for reply.

Only to discussion, a friend of mine found one same this in Luft jacket exit directly from Family Vet.

On back you can see the holes left from the seam.

On Gordon Williamson book "The Iron Cross of 1939" page 212 is visible a color picture of one like that (Hakenkreuz not perfect wit continuos border line around that).

Regards

Comment

I think it is not easy -if not impossible - to make a definitive statement about the originality of this piece. We should not forget that originality is not a question of "like" or "dislike" or a democratic process in which a piece is deemed "original" when the majority thinks it is.

Originality (in the case of orders and medals) is determined by comparing to known originals. That process demands that a known original is present for comparison. That is not the case here, but that does not mean that noe doesn't exist. All that can be done here IMHO is to look at the make of the piece and the used materials.

- the make is consistent with known originals despite small deviations
            - the materials used are consistent with known originals

The wreath is not the "normal" Juncker wreath, but it is known that at least one other wreath type was used, most likely more. So that is not a killer criteria in itself.

IMHO this cloth version is an original from the period. However, it can't be proved either way at this point in time. The good thing is this: if you don't like it, don't buy it!

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

hmmm

If it's questionable, do you still have recourse with seller?
              I don't know if you got a great deal or not but hope your not out much cash.
              Peto at point

Comment

I've bought with reserve, if result not good him return me the money, but a friend of mine old collector who had found many items directly in Germany from many Veterans Families told me that:
                This is a 3rd exemplar that I seen on my life, one directly embroied on Luft Jacket.

At this point the answer of Mr. Maerz not is bad, it's possible is original and some German collectors in another forum thought that.

If 1+1 is = 2, I'm so happy.

The DKiG not was expensive.... better chiper price

Regards
                Last edited by Gew44; 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                  I think it is not easy -if not impossible - to make a definitive statement about the originality of this piece. We should not forget that originality is not a question of "like" or "dislike" or a democratic process in which a piece is deemed "original" when the majority thinks it is.

Originality (in the case of orders and medals) is determined by comparing to known originals. That process demands that a known original is present for comparison. That is not the case here, but that does not mean that noe doesn't exist. All that can be done here IMHO is to look at the make of the piece and the used materials.

The wreath is not the "normal" Juncker wreath, but it is known that at least one other wreath type was used, most likely more. So that is not a killer criteria in itself.

IMHO this cloth version is an original from the period. However, it can't be proved either way at this point in time. The good thing is this: if you don't like it, don't buy it!

Dietrich
                  Thanks for reply Mr. Maerz.

Regards

Comment

At that price I would hold on to it. I too believe it to be a period piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post

Dietrich
                      There is not very much left to say, when you are at it, Dietrich!

Comment

Usually these scream "bad" if they are fake, I don't get those vibes. Yeah, it is a little odd looking, but as Dietrich said, that does not necessarily mean it is bad.

If I had the money, I'd buy it.

Comment

I like the construction and would have it in my collection. There have been a few killer nonstandard examples posted here in the last few weeks. Matt

Comment

I've found on Gordon Williamson book " The Iron Cross of 1939" page 212 a tropical cloth DKiG with similar construction, not all is clear. ( The wreath is more large on DKiG book).

Regards

Comment

I don't think that you can compare the two. The swastika is bigger, the wreath is a Juncker and damage is just that: damage, not a production feature.

Try this: move the black threads of the swastika apart. What is underneath?

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X