X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII on dealers website

Dealer = Militaria X.

Iron Cross 1939 Class 2- Copy
    iron centre multipart construction WW2 pattern IC2. believed reproduction. probably french made in the 1970s. indistinct numbering on ring.

Code: 50588Price: 40.00 GBP

He suggests this is a repro, but it looks ok to me. If I'm wrong, by what name is this type of fake known in collecting circles?

It's difficult to tell from the poor photographs, but it looks like the '333' fake.
    The story about them showing up in France in the 1970's also corresponds with what is generally known about these crosses.

As it has the correct type of construction, it is one of the more dangerous fakes. Here's one to compare (note the flaw just under the beading on the lower part of the 3 o'clock arm - this was corrected on later versions). The missing chunk on the top of the second '1' in the 1813 date remains on all versions of this fake).

Fair play to the dealer for stating that it is a copy - I have seen many of these on dealers sites being sold as the real thing.

Regards - Danny
    Attached Files

Comment

Speaking of fakes being passed off as genuine....
      Have a look at this set - maybe the ribbon is genuine, but that's all.

http://www.bwmilitaria.com/items/115...randywine.html
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I had forgotten about the old 333 and 666 fakes, it's been so long since I saw one.

Comment

maybe in the next century these repro 'll have a better value..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X