War Merit Medal with makers mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Merit Medal with makers mark

How common are the War Merit medal with makers mark,had this one for several years,this i marked "77" in the ring,I use to have a few of these unmarked,but this one is the only I kept because of the mark.
    Cheers
    J.S
    Attached Files

I personally have never encountered one of these with maker mark. May be a KVK2 ring?

Kind regards
    Pierce

Comment

Some were marked

I know that some were marked...but VERY few ! I have one that is marked 85 that I purchased in 1973. Keep that in your collection ! Many people are searching for marked ones ! Tom

Comment

I have seen many war merit medals over the years but never any maker marked

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
          I know that some were marked...but VERY few ! I have one that is marked 85 that I purchased in 1973. Keep that in your collection ! Many people are searching for marked ones ! Tom

Very few indeed!!

In fact, on page 23 of Thomas Yanacek's book, "PARADE MEDAL BARS OF THE THIRD REICH", he states that it's almost impossible to find one that's marker marked and that he can recall only ever seeing two that were marked.

Jorn's, along with mine are the only two I've ever seen. They are IMO extremely rare.

Tom, any chance of seeing yours? If anyone else has one please post it.

Here's mine.

Regards,
          AB.
          Attached Files
          In memory of my Uncle,
          Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
          2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
          Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

MM 60, Katz & Deyhle of Pforzheim.

Regards,
            AB.
            Attached Files
            In memory of my Uncle,
            Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
            2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
            Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Thanks for all comments,and thanks Andrew for posting yours,very nice.
              Cheers
              J.S

Comment

If Tom's book says it then I believe it... That is a great book and Tom is right on w/ his commentary..

Thank you,
                Scott

Comment

Hi frienfs, I have a war merit medal with maker mark 108 by Arno Wallpach with issue envelope by Wallpach. Maybe I can send someone of you the pictures to post them here.

BR, Michael

Comment

I'm not Thomas Yanacek

Just wanted to make clear that I'm not Thomas Yanacek. I'm a different Tom. I do have a copy of his book however. Mabey some of you have a copy of "My" book .....Tank Killers, a History of the Tank Destruction Badge?? Tom

Comment

Originally posted by mpiering View Post
                      Hi frienfs, I have a war merit medal with maker mark 108 by Arno Wallpach with issue envelope by Wallpach. Maybe I can send someone of you the pictures to post them here.

BR, Michael
                      Posting these for Michael.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

wow. i didnt know these existed. dang! now there is another thing to pursue.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X