Deumer EK2 schinkel orange ribbon + ostfront mounted - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deumer EK2 schinkel orange ribbon + ostfront mounted - opinions please

Hi, in my opinion this set looks good, but I would like to hear what you think about it. Ostfront seems to be re-mounted/repaired.

BR,
    Bart
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I do not know enought about EKs to comment but the medal bar set-up is 100% good. Just pop the Ost Medal ring under the ribbon.

Kind regards
      Pierce

Comment

an overall sloppy looking set up.

Cross and medal looks original. The eastern front could be reattached. Look under the ribbon and see if the cross is mounted with the same thread.

Comment

The cross is Deumer

Comment

Thank you for your opinions.

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
            an overall sloppy looking set up.

Cross and medal looks original. The eastern front could be reattached. Look under the ribbon and see if the cross is mounted with the same thread.
            It looks that EK2 is mounted with a metal ring - in a different way than Ost medal, so I guess it's reattached.

Thanks,
            BR,
            Bart

Comment

There is a new UK based dealer who has a lot of court mounted groups on his website that seem to have been re mounted post war, all probably by the same hand. This pair looks like another. Of course, the awards themselves are fine.

Comment

I agree with Pierce. I have seen examples such as this more than few times where the medal had been re-affixed for whatever reason on a good bar. I've even a wedding picture with the Ostfront missing on the bar (again for whatever reason) and the accompaning bar now with what appears to be a period re-attachment of the missing Ostfront.

Chet
                Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X