Opinions on this LDO case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this LDO case

Appreciate any opinions on this LDO case. It came with War Merit Cross/w swords and 9" ribbon (no maker mark on the cross). Inside of the case has the impression of the swaz, wreath, and ring. Case is in good condition, but has slight wear to the edges.
    Thanks
    Tony
    Attached Files

inside

inside
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have seen one identical with a KVKII in it. Try smelling the box! What does it smell like? It should smell 'musty' like old books - if you can smell glue thats a bad sign

Comment

Does the ribbon ring fit neatly?
          George

Comment

George,

The whole set is on E-stand, check it out. It doesn't really smell like anything.
            Is that a bad thing?

Thanks
            Tony

Comment

Silence, is that bad too? Where did you guys go?
              Tony

Comment

I saw an LDO case like this for a KVK 2 on a dealer's site not long ago. It didn't look like the ribbon ring fit into the recess in the bottom of the case, so I didn't get it.
                George

Comment

Can you show an underside pic, and a close up of the outer covering please.

These are faked to a very good degree ! I can only base an opinion on a known genuine article that I own in this example.

Discount the smell 'myth' each to there own, but it's not a book, and it depends on storage and enviroment, get out of the induced habit of smells......it's not a way forward and really dosen't count for alot at the end of the day.

I'm no expert but I can relate my research by 'expert' person's in this area.

Kind regards,

Marcus

PS It's a man made artical there will be minor differences, some sloppy cases some perfect fitting cases.

Comment

Closeup

Marcus,
                    Here is a front closeup of the case.
                    Tony
                    Attached Files

Comment

Inside

Inside cover.
                      Attached Files

Comment

bottom

bottom
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tony I'm on this, I'll be back later.

Comment

Sorry I've been so long about this, without seeing the pic of the 'fake' again which I lost due a comp failure I can't be 101% specific in regards to originality.

I will say this for it, I would be most surprised if it was fake, I think we could safely assume this box to be correct and genuine.....taking into account my reservations, for my part anyway.

It fits the criteria of mine to a greater degree than not.......the outer covering under close inspection I would deliberate a match.....believe it not that was the hardest part to determine...I've thought long and hard about this one and would like to inspect it in hand. I had some contention over the LDO designation but it's too easy to be paranoid.

I wish I had more time on this, I'll be back next weekend which I'm sure is to late.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X