Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK with oakleaves, Muñoz Grandes?

hi all,

someone in Spanish forum posted this RK, he said its from Agustin Muñoz Grandes, General from Blue Division.

I´m a little sceptical with this RK, it reminds me to repro RKs, but i have no much idea about RKs and the pics arent very good....

do someone the "eagle eye" to know if this is original? anyway the ribbon is too new IMO......

best
    Javi.

the right one

Both, the cross and the oaks, are marked with a PKZ number. The Knights Cross with "2" and the oaks with "21".
    Don Augustin Muños-Grandes was awarded the Knights Cross and the Oakleaves on 12. March, resp. 13. December 1942. Both dates are before the official intorduction of the PKZ numbers (early 1943), therefore the set can't be the awarded pieces.

The cross is marked as a Juncker, but is none as far as I can see. The oaklevaes don't look promissing either. From the evidence and the pictures I would not trust this set.

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

As far as I know...all medals, docs and uniform are with his son, Agustin.
      So that...impossible in anyway.

Comment

thanks for your excellent explain Dietrich, as always you are the "guru" of RKs.

Comment

Hi Friends,

I never told that this RK´s and oaks was from this Generals, There are in my colecction ( Iron Cross Colecction ) and I put this in a Blue Division Forum as an example of this medal. I didn´t want confuse with this matter.

I am not happy with this. Sorry.

RS

Comment

Originally posted by Guripa250 View Post
            Hi Friends,
            I never told that this RK´s and oaks was from this Generals, There are in my colecction ( Iron Cross Colecction ) and I put this in a Blue Division Forum as an example of this medal. I didn´t want confuse with this matter.
            I am not happy with this. Sorry.
            RS
            An easy mistake to make with some language barriers. Of course it's not claimed to be the RK of Muñoz Grandes on the Spanish forum

I think better photos are needed but the RK looks like it has potential to me.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I agree with dietrich about the award date and the marks on the medal. But that composition is not totally incommon since the general could have been given a lazy 2 later.

Concernng the originality i like both the rk from the pictures, and i also like the oaks, although better pictures are needed to give a clear expertise. The other rk is a juncker as well but that one is a rather early piece as far i can see.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                An easy mistake to make with some language barriers. Of course it's not claimed to be the RK of Muñoz Grandes on the Spanish forum

I think better photos are needed but the RK looks like it has potential to me.
                Please post better pics of the cross but it looks a good Lazy2 to me!

Best regards
                Kevin

Comment

...I like the KC
                  ...I like the lazy 2
                  ...I like the oak leaves
                  ...I like the ribbon

...I'm no "guru"
                  ...I wear glasses

Pieter.
                  SUUM CUIQUE ...
                  sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X