Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold + Iron Cross 1st Class

Hi out there!
    Can anyone help me with regard to a German Cross in Gold which I have been offered. Medals and orders are definitely not my forte, I’m ‘an all things on paper’ man!
    The Cross appears to be in very good condition and genuine, but please look at the attached photos.
    The number ‘134’ is embossed on the reverse.
    I’m not sure about the case but it looks right when compared to others I have seen.
    Apparently there is also the relevant paperwork regarding the Cross and the award winner but unfortunately I have not seen this.
    I know it’s likely to be a relatively expensive item and the owner wants me to make an offer! What is a fair price??.....but I do want to sell it on and make a bit on top! A value with and without paperwork would be a great help.
    All help greatly appreciated.
    I have also been offered an Iron Cross First Class complete with it’s case which was awarded to the same soldier, - apparently paper work is also available. The number 20 is embossed on the pin. Again, what would be a fair price for me to offer, - bearing in mind that I would like to sell it on. Value with and without paperwork would again be a great help. Thanks.
    To test you even further I have also been offered a large silver cigarette case with a gold 20th SS Division (1939….579) Emblem embossed on the surface. This is in outstanding almost unmarked condition, - but is it a fake??? The quality of the work seems too good to be a fake, but I just do not know! Any help again greatly appreciated. Please see detailed photos. Thanks again.
    Terry.
    Attached Files

b)
    Attached Files

Comment

c)
      Attached Files

Comment

d)
        Attached Files

Comment

e)
          Attached Files

Comment

The DK looks pretty good, but I'm not really much of an authority on those.

The cigarette thing looks horrid and the writing on it doesn't make much sense. If it's more than $2.00, (postage included) I'd skip it.

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Agree with Hank on the cig case. Everything about that looks suspicious to me. Another emblem has been removed from the reverse. The design doesn't look period to me at all, with two big SS symbols, an ugly bird and an EK1. Also there is a field for engraving on the front that is partially covered by the disc. I don't know for sure, but I would skip that thing.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

German Cross.

Many thanks to the members who have replied.
                Please keep the info coming about the German Cross etc.
                Cheers,
                Terry.

Comment

Hi Terry......

......I like the DK too!

The fags case is a definite no-no! For one thing(along with the terrible looking design work) the eagle isn't even the proper SS version.

How about images of the EK 1 ?

Comment

Hello there,

The cigarette case isn't authentic but I like the look of the DKiG.

William Kramer
                    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

DKiG looks ok

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by terry.h
                        I do want to sell it on and make a bit on top! A value with and without paperwork would be a great help.
                        Is your plan to split the medal from the accompanying paperwork?
                        Last edited by jmark; 06-16-2012, 01:05 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X