EK II ribbon variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK II ribbon variants

I have noticed that there could be great differences in EK II ribbons when it comes to the weave quality. Some are very "loose" and supple, both with a silky feel to them and also some that are obviously made of rayon, other again can be very hard and stiff to the feel. Are there just different makers, or can it also be divided into early/late and very late production?

Hi Hilton,

Great question. Let's hope for some interesting ideas.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Hilton :
      An area where not too much can be found yet . Played around with these some time back and dicovered a vast aray of variations . ... a very exstensive area . Many shades of red and white colors and variation in strand and thread thickness .
      I have made some observations and hard to say what is early - in general . The only earlys ones I know with certainty right now are the WW1 style thin silky fealing ribbons that show the 'water line' effect ,... one shown below . All the medall bars I have seam to have the thick ribbons on them .???

Douglas
      Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting observations Douglas 5, especially the "water line" type,. Hi Streptil, yes lets hope that even more chip in with their thoughts on the matter:-)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X